Mackie and SWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie and SWP

Are our main weaknesses for me. Both wide men should have the ability to ran at and go past a player. Make things happen, hold onto the ball and score the odd goal.

Our wide men offer little going forward and are only used for defensive duties. Is a shame as both do try hard, but it really isn't enough. A wide man and a fit Hoillett would make a massive difference to our team.

Mackie isn't good enough. Yeah people love him because he works hard, but working hard should be standard at any level. That shows how bad we've become when we laud a player because he tries. Creativity wise if nothing comes through the middle then you have the wings. As it stands mackie creates nothing, bacause he lacks the ability to dribble, let alone beat a man and then put a good ball into the box, same with swp. Hoilett i think can do this, but doesn't seem to favour atm. M'villa a centre half and a wide right player is much needed this window. Ok fire!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by matt2909 View Post
      Mackie isn't good enough. Yeah people love him because he works hard, but working hard should be standard at any level. That shows how bad we've become when we laud a player because he tries. Creativity wise if nothing comes through the middle then you have the wings. As it stands mackie creates nothing, bacause he lacks the ability to dribble, let alone beat a man and then put a good ball into the box, same with swp. Hoilett i think can do this, but doesn't seem to favour atm. M'villa a centre half and a wide right player is much needed this window. Ok fire!!!!
      1-Put Mackie in RB instead of that flat feet drugged onhua, mackie stick against the players and a nightmare to battle the ball with him.
      2-get rid of SWP and put hoilet or traore there.
      3-drop derry, play faurlin or ganero or new good one.
      4-tell to mbia just concentrate on your defensive duties and dnt try to emulate taarabt with through ball coz he hasnt the brain and feet to control the speed of the ball.
      5- need a CB better than Hill, he made mistakes and roll his head , irritating.

and thats it.

Comment

it seems like the more players we've brought in the more we need! its never ending. Mackie is a championship player at best. Never a prem starter.

Comment

Swp came off today and the shape went......He is very disiplined.
          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
            I agree with that, seen it right away! That's the problem, Hoilett is probably much better in attack when fit but I'm not sure we can keep our disciplined shape about us that Harry demands if he's on the pitch!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Mackie is not good enough but what choice has Redknapp had but to play him as our pre season signing's have been dissapointing to say the least. I think Harry boy will nudge TF to get the M'Vila done as he will be a massive plus to any team he goes to.

Comment

Mackie is a great little player.

I think what you all have to consider is that Mackie is not going to be the best option in every single game and same goes for SWP. Today for example ideally they should both had started on the bench but we have no one else to take their place as we lack wide players.

Remember Granero and Hoillet are injured.

Comment

Not sure you call him a great player a great trier yes but not a great player. We dont have anyone else but that sums up our squad in a nutshell totally un balanced and very poor management from agent Hughes. A centre forward who make's runs is what we have missed all season now we have one so feed him and he will score all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                    That's the one.

Comment

Mackie gives 100% but he is an average player as is SWP and Derry,all 3 our weakness

Comment

pretty much agree with above, although swp aint that bad. he has improved... a tad... and id say onouha would be in my top 3 weak players along with derry and mackie

Comment

Love Mackies enthusiasm & energy but if we sold him tomorrow morning I wouldn't shed a tear. One of the most clueless footballers I've ever witnessed. If he had a brain he'd be unbelievable but he hasn't unfortunately.

Love him just not a good footballer for me.

Comment

I like Mackie enormously. A valuable squad member. But just compare him with Matt Jarvis. There's absolutely no comparison. Jarvis consistently, persistently makes things happen for his team.

Comment

Completely different types of players mate but yea defo get your point.

How many 'things' does Mackie pull off a game? How many threaded balls? How many assists? How many crosses? The list goes on.

But the fans love him as he 'runs a lot' gees up the crowd & kisses the badge. Not enough for me I'm afraid.

Shows how weak we really are when he starts every week. I don't mean to hammer him as I genuinely like the bloke but I can't stand his football if I'm honest.

Personal opinion of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X