Outside of the big teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside of the big teams

Does any club get as much media coverage as us? We always seem to be in the news.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

What have you heard?

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
      Does any club get as much media coverage as us? We always seem to be in the news.
      Not of late.

Comment

London club, outgoing owners, big names, big wages. Who wouldnt wanna talk about us? No wonder everyone hates us these days!

Comment

It just feels like we're always getting a mention. We seem to be raising our profile one way or another. Even other teams forums talk about us!
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

It's good, boosts our brand. Remember at the start of the season when someone asked if we were in Joey's shadow too much? My how things have changed.

Comment

Harry has a lot of friends in the media so no surprise

Comment

redknapp is loved by the media

Comment

Also think we are a quintessential English club, old fashioned stadium and small yet loyal support, rare in the modern premiership. Many opposing fans have a warm spot for us apart from certain clubs, we represent a gentler bygone age and our great past teams especially of the mid 70s and early 90s linger strong in the consciousness of many older football fans. This gives our small club a wider public appeal among the football community than would be expected. The four year plan was very QPR and I think only our club could really pull it off , its appeal with the masses was clear when it was aired on Terrestrial TV.
                  In light of the above many non QPR fans probably have an interest in reading stories about our club when commuting in to work for example, I can't really see such wide appeal for say Fulham or Palace.
                  Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 18-01-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Shame its not cause of our footballing ability....
                    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I was thinking the same the other day, I was watching Minder the other day and we got a mention, Martin Tyler is always mentioning us on Sky as well.
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
                        redknapp is loved by the media
                        Yep they can't get enough of him. I presume it's because he actually has abit of character unlike the dull managers such as Jol, Wenger, O'Neill, Lambert etc.

Old Jim White goes wherever Arry is on Christmas with SSN - regardless of team, says it all
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Because they're all waiting & hoping it all goes #### up with uor spending and we end up in oblivion like Portsmouth

Comment

Working...
                          X