• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the squad is shaping up

Here's how I think the squad is shaping up:

Cesar, Green, Murphy

Ned, Young, Ben Haim, Traore, Fabio, Hill, Ferdinand, New CB, New CB

Park, Mackie, Hoilett, SWP, Granero, Faurlin, M'bia, M'vila (assumption), Derry

Taarabt, Remy, Zamora, DJ/Bothroyd

Looking like a proper 9-9-4 split.

I expect once the M'vila deal is done, Harry will get to work on the defence, not that it's been been bad lately, it's been very good, but with the imminent departure of Nelsen, we need two more CBs IMO. I think Luke Young might feature in the squad, if not, hopefully we'll get another defender to bring us up to full strength. I think he'll hang onto Ferdinand but he will be well down the pecking order.

Looks like it's goodbye to Bosingwa, Cisse, Ephraim, AJ, Nelsen, Diakite, and either DJ or Bothroyd, as well as one or two others.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Would love to know why Luke Young was discarded by Agent Hughes

Comment

Don't think we'll be after two CBs... got Ben Haim, Hill, Ned, Ferdinand and Mbia that can all play in that position. Whether that's enough I don't know. Odemwingie and Livermore might still be a possibility and we all know Harry is a master of deadline day. Think DJ is on the way out sadly which means Betty will stay.

Comment

Whatever happened to Zouma? Only played 5 times for St Etienne this season.

Comment

Here's a scary thought. Everyone assumed Nelsen was bought as a reserve but he became pretty well the main man for the entire team. Might Redknapp consider Haim more central to his plans than we all assume him to be?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Here's a scary thought. Everyone assumed Nelsen was bought as a reserve but he became pretty well the main man for the entire team. Might Redknapp consider Haim more central to his plans than we all assume him to be?
            Doubt it considering we've been linked with a few centre backs and Hill has continued to be first choice in that position. Apparently Ben Haim did well out of position the other night though.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
              Doubt it considering we've been linked with a few centre backs and Hill has continued to be first choice in that position. Apparently Ben Haim did well out of position the other night though.
              I don't know - our club just seems to have a weird mental block about centre halves. midfielders, goalkeepers, wingers - we can never have enough it seems, but ask for a centre half and you can be waiting longer than it takes ed balls to say sorry.

Comment

Ben Haim is clearly out of shape, and not played at this level for awhile. He's a gamble to rely on as first choice at the moment, and I'm sure Harry knows that. I have a feeling he will be an important player for us in the last few weeks though. Good player a few seasons back.

Comment

Working...
                X