Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the west ham game going to get called off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this thread. Rangers fans worrying about something that hasn't happened and which they cannot control.... :-)

Comment

They cancelled a game between Hammers and Wolves there in 2010 even though the pitch was fine because of concerns about the surrounding pathways and roads. It's daft, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was called off.

Comment

wasnt there a united game on after ours last season that nearly had to be called of half way through due to the snow falling, i seem to remember them stopping play to shovel snow of the markings on the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
          **** me not only are you the non league Baresi you're also a weatherman! Is there anything you can't do?
          He he that made me chuckle.... Maybe an amateur Ron Jeremy too.....

Comment

Snow coming down already here. Just hope it let's up abit. But meant to be like this all day n nite.

Comment

I'm hearing that west hams under soil heating is not working and engineers are trying to repair it,we'll that's handy as they have injuries !!!!!

Comment

probably going to be off? some lame excuse about surrounding areas being unsafe? let the fans decide if they want to try and get to the games.also gives them another week to get their top strikers back

Comment

I go occasionally as a corporate guest (love speaking to Phil Parkes is my excuse who hails and greets for them) and asked today the host what happens in such weather in the past. The reply was game is always on and they are planning to go as if it is. Failed to get me an invite however!!
                  Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                    I'm hearing that west hams under soil heating is not working and engineers are trying to repair it,we'll that's handy as they have injuries !!!!!
                    What a load of BS.... They have injuries and are on shocking form.... oh yeah lets say the under soli heating's bust. As dubious as it gets.

Comment

Well it is snowing! I would think a lot games will called off.

Comment

would they want it re-arranged? arent they having to play arsenal too with a re-arranged game from boxing day? they'll have a back log of matches.

Comment

Not looking to clever.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                            would they want it re-arranged? arent they having to play arsenal too with a re-arranged game from boxing day? they'll have a back log of matches.
                            Current form for them is woeful and they have key injuries, against our current form being very good with everyone available.... they would rather play us another time.

Comment

Why do they call football games of because of surrounding areas, but don't close down shopping centers etc ??

I bet if we were at home tomorrow, our game would be called off (18,000 attending), but Westfield (50,000+ attending) would be open.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                                Why do they call football games of because of surrounding areas, but don't close down shopping centers etc ??

I bet if we were at home tomorrow, our game would be called off (18,000 attending), but Westfield (50,000+ attending) would be open.
                                Exactly. The rest of society gets on with it and it's down to the public if they choose to brave any elements or not. This should be no different.

Also, forget using surroundgin area issues as an excuse, if West ham say they cant play due to failed under soil heating, and effectively fail to get a fixture on, they should be fined.

Comment

Working...
                                X