No announcement yet.

undisclosed fees are ******** - the fans deserve to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you not think that Marseille may have asked for the fee to be undisclosed. They turned down a lot of money (apparently) for Remy last season, to disclose that they sold him for half the amount might have upset some of their fans, who are not short of an opinion or two. Its no secret most of the time how much has been paid for a player, someone brought up in this thread though that transfers are never as easy as just passing $1m to the other team, usually it would be paid over so many years with a fee up front and then bonuses etc etc. I can understand why a buying club might not want their business strategy laid out to everyone to see. Better for them if its just reported to be 'in the region of $1m etc.

I do miss the simplicity of old school up front transfers, but its really not that hard to find out the rough figure paid and how its paid doesn't really interest me one jot.

I think in Europe more transfers are disclosed for tax reasons which demand full disclosure of finances which are not apparent when selling to an English club but I might be a bit out on this one

anyway, no need for the vitriol of this thread, the OP needs to respect other people's opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
      Not at all. Because the majority of poor clubs disclose transfer fees. So that's blown your pathetic and feeble argument right out of the window.

Much more plausible reasoning is here.
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...es-undisclosed

But of course, people like you just want to worship authority
      is a grin at the end of your statements supposed to ameliorate your insults ie pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsididitagain View Post
        do you not think that Marseille may have asked for the fee to be undisclosed. They turned down a lot of money (apparently) for Remy last season, to disclose that they sold him for half the amount might have upset some of their fans, who are not short of an opinion or two. Its no secret most of the time how much has been paid for a player, someone brought up in this thread though that transfers are never as easy as just passing $1m to the other team, usually it would be paid over so many years with a fee up front and then bonuses etc etc. I can understand why a buying club might not want their business strategy laid out to everyone to see. Better for them if its just reported to be 'in the region of $1m etc.

I do miss the simplicity of old school up front transfers, but its really not that hard to find out the rough figure paid and how its paid doesn't really interest me one jot.

I think in Europe more transfers are disclosed for tax reasons which demand full disclosure of finances which are not apparent when selling to an English club but I might be a bit out on this one

anyway, no need for the vitriol of this thread, the OP needs to respect other people's opinions.
        Sadly that's never going to happen.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          That's harsh Kirill - if you were here and saw Embarrassing Fat Bodies on the TV last night ...
          I prefer watching Come Dine With Me when I am in England but I guess one thing leads to another...
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
            i agree it would be nice to know , but with revenue from ticket sales that we provide generating about enough money to buy Adel a new fez , and Tony (or sky ) fronting the rest ,its hardly OUR money is it ?
            It's true that the gate and merchandise money is not the biggest contributor to the club's finances. It's also true that without fans, a club is nothing.

Whilst I agree it is good to know what is being spent on fees and wages, we have no right to know the details.

Shareholders might have a claim to know details of expenditure on fees and wages, but other than that, no fans are entitled to the information.

Comment

I highly doubt its £8m pounds anyway. I remember speculation that Cisse was £7m? Never in a million years.

Besides we don't own the club anymore so what the board do is up to them.

Comment

i personally authorised tony to spend as much of MY cash that he is holdiong for ME as a fan and i authorised him not to disclose the amount. tony reluctantly agreed because as
                a fan the money paid is mine. sorry Marshy i had me reasons, just didnt want you knowing!

Comment

The world does not revolve around you. Just because you do not care does not mean others don't either.

If the club paid 8 million for a player who ended up being utter sh1te, I want to know. Or if the club paid 1 million for a player that ended up being great, I want to know. Not knowing means there is no accountability for wasting money.
                  What a totally over the top post, and quite frankly I am becoming sick of the way you talk to your fellow fans. Really no need for it and we all know it's around the 8m mark and a record fee, lets hope he scores goals because that's all we should be caring about.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We never used to have undisclosed fees when I was a kid, A player transferred, and you knew for how much.

Not disclosing a player's salary I can just about tolerate. But for clubs to not disclose how much was paid for a player is ********. We pay the money to make the club, we deserve the respect to be told how much of our money the club used to buy a player.
                    Biggest load of tosh ever! Front runner for the WATRB tool of the year 2013 and we are only mid Jan.

Your so called money makes up approx. 0.5% of the clubs revenue. I doubt our gate revenue would be enough to pay one of our highest earners salary. Your not a shareholder or director, so as a business quite frankly it's none of your business. Undisclosed fees have been around for donkeys years too so how old exactly are you. Given our fortunes have only changed dramatically in the last 5 years and most deals since have been for undisclosed fees does it make you, what 6? It's like me demanding to know how much you earn a year. Then again judging by your lack of business knowledge and the way you come across on here I doubt you're employable!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      What a totally over the top post, and quite frankly I am becoming sick of the way you talk to your fellow fans.
                      What would you do in this situation if you were a mod?
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                        Biggest load of tosh ever! Front runner for the WATRB tool of the year 2013 and we are only mid Jan.

Your so called money makes up approx. 0.5% of the clubs revenue. I doubt our gate revenue would be enough to pay one of our highest earners salary. Your not a shareholder or director, so as a business quite frankly it's none of your business. Undisclosed fees have been around for donkeys years too so how old exactly are you. Given our fortunes have only changed dramatically in the last 5 years and most deals since have been for undisclosed fees does it make you, what 6? It's like me demanding to know how much you earn a year. Then again judging by your lack of business knowledge and the way you come across on here I doubt you're employable!
                        Tbf marshy he is spot on. Reading your posts make me cringe everytime.

Problem is you add confidence to them which just adds to the bizarreness.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                          What would you do in this situation if you were a mod?
                          Needs to calm down Kirill.

The bloke is clearly just a youngster but his keen attitude is getting him into trouble.
                          I doubt he believes any of his posts but still decides to post them.
                          Attention seeking is not a good trait and something I have learn't to cut out.
                          End of the day he will stop good posters coming to this site so needs to be dealt with swiftly

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post

I never said that the money we pay when we go into a stadium or when we buy merchandise, it contributes the bulk of our revenue. But, before we move onto anything else, let;s just get some maths straight, shall we?
                            We average 17,500. Let's be conservative, and say each ticket costs 25 quid per game. Let us assume that on average, 3,000 fans are away fans. That means, per game, we get 14,500 Hoops at LR. Some simple maths states that 14,500 x 25 x 18 = 6.525 million.
                            So if the revenue from our gate receipts is approximately 0.5% of our total revenue, it means our total revenue must be 6.525 million x 200 = 1.3 billion.

I think suggesting our revenue is 1.3 billion is, to quote your own words: "Biggest load of tosh ever! Front runner for the WATRB tool of the year 2013 and we are only mid Jan. "

Anyway, I am not here to exchange insults, if you want an intelligent, open-minded debate, sure, if you're just going to blindly back the club on everything it does, then please engage someone else.

Thanks.
                            Last edited by Marshy; 17-01-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Tbf marshy he is spot on. Reading your posts make me cringe everytime.

Problem is you add confidence to them which just adds to the bizarreness.
                              Actually, he is not spot on. With his figures, our revenue is 1.3 billion pounds, which is TOTAL NONSENSE!

Comment

Actually, he is not spot on. With his figures, our revenue is 1.3 billion pounds, which is TOTAL NONSENSE!
                                He said your money makes up 0.5% of the club's revenue. Your money, as in you yourself personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X