undisclosed fees are ******** - the fans deserve to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undisclosed fees are ******** - the fans deserve to know

We never used to have undisclosed fees when I was a kid, A player transferred, and you knew for how much.

Not disclosing a player's salary I can just about tolerate. But for clubs to not disclose how much was paid for a player is ********. We pay the money to make the club, we deserve the respect to be told how much of our money the club used to buy a player.

I personally don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
      I personally don't care.
      The world does not revolve around you. Just because you do not care does not mean others don't either.

If the club paid 8 million for a player who ended up being utter sh1te, I want to know. Or if the club paid 1 million for a player that ended up being great, I want to know. Not knowing means there is no accountability for wasting money.
      Last edited by Marshy; 17-01-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

You are living on a different planet if you honestly believe the money we pay is actually bankrolling any of the Club's transfer dealings. Moreover, what gives anyone outside of the owners the right to such information? Seriously, modern culture is full of people who believe they should have rights that simply shouldn't have.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          You are living on a different planet if you honestly believe the money we pay is actually bankrolling any of the Club's transfer dealings. Moreover, what gives anyone outside of the owners the right to such information? Seriously, modern culture is full of people who believe they should have rights that simply shouldn't have.
          I can guarantee you that if no one went to Loftus Road or bought any merchandise, QPR would be out of business. So it looks like you're the one living on a different planet.

Comment

i agree it would be nice to know , but with revenue from ticket sales that we provide generating about enough money to buy Adel a new fez , and Tony (or sky ) fronting the rest ,its hardly OUR money is it ?
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I personally couldnt care less, we got the player, whether TF spent 8m or 80m is up to him.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                i agree it would be nice to know , but with revenue from ticket sales that we provide generating about enough money to buy Adel a new fez , and Tony (or sky ) fronting the rest ,its hardly OUR money is it ?
                Exactly this - but as usual our resident know it all seems to be the only one entitled to an opinion
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                  We never used to have undisclosed fees when I was a kid, A player transferred, and you knew for how much.

Not disclosing a player's salary I can just about tolerate. But for clubs to not disclose how much was paid for a player is ********. We pay the money to make the club, we deserve the respect to be told how much of our money the club used to buy a player.
                  Do think that we simply transfer £8m quid from our account to theirs? The deal will be broken down into up front payments, future payments, performance related payments, signing on fees, agents fees, etc etc So because there is actually no way to know what the full fee will be, they have to state undisclosed.

On the other hand, would you rather we shouted from the roof tops how much we paid for every player, therefore weakening our position when negotiating with clubs for other players in the future? i.e you paid X amount for Remy, we want the same for Akinbiyi.... for example.

Comment

I'd rather we didn't parade about saying how much we are willing to pay for certain players. Makes future negotiations on players harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      Exactly this - but as usual our resident know it all seems to be the only one entitled to an opinion
                      No, I am not the only one entitled to an opinion.

Just found it amusing that you think that a club could survive without the fans. The bottom line is, if the fans did not pay to go to LR, and if the fans did not pay to buy merchandise, Tony Fernandes and the others would not be here. The club belongs to the fans, and the fans should have a right to know how much was paid for a footballer, the way it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                        I'd rather we didn't parade about saying how much we are willing to pay for certain players. Makes future negotiations on players harder.
                        Nonsense.

Comment

Nonsense.
                          Why?

Comment

Nonsense.
                            No its not, if we spend say 15m on a player, other clubs will see how much we are willing to spend and ask for more money if we approach their players.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

How old exactly are you Marshy? We've had undisclosed fees for years!

Comment

Working...
                              X