Are we in debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
    We are in no debt to anybody outside the club. When tony took over he paid off all debt and made them interest free personal loans from himself.
    Same as Chelsea. I think it's genius myself
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
      Same as Chelsea. I think it's genius myself
      Yep apart from abramovich done it by using a company not as a personal loan. Basically tony loaned us the money to pay the debt with no interest.
      It works out at about 120m you have to include the BT money plus all the rest on top of sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
        Seriously does anyone know?

I saw a table in facebook showing top 10 clubs in debts in 2010 and we were not among them. What about now?

What worrys me when Harry said we should not pay massive wages when our ground holds 18,000 and now we seem to have given Remy massive wage otherwise what makes him come to a bottom side? I hope there is a release clause in his contract If we go down. The future of the club is so importanant we do not want to end up like Portsmouth.

I still recall watching an interview with Amit last summer at QPR Player when he said that the clubs will always be run debt free and with prudent financial statements.
        the portsmouth comparison is a red herring. someone with no moneys borrowed against the clubs assets on the assumption they could buy the champs league and prem. didnt work, went bust, our owners have dough and TF said
        he wont saddle qpr with debts

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
          the portsmouth comparison is a red herring. someone with no moneys borrowed against the clubs assets on the assumption they could buy the champs league and prem. didnt work, went bust, our owners have dough and TF said
          he wont saddle qpr with debts
          Exactly all of our money comes from the owners whereas Leeds Portsmouth ect was all BaNK loans.

Comment

Yep apart from abramovich done it by using a company not as a personal loan. Basically tony loaned us the money to pay the debt with no interest.
            It works out at about 120m you have to include the BT money plus all the rest on top of sky.
            I didn't know he Roman used a company loan.

Don't forget we've got a fair few wealthy men so say 8 million signing split between 4 or so people doesn't look so much( obviously I don't know the ins & outs of it but I'd guess it's like that )
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Exactly people seem to forget next year we will get about 120mil tv money. Also if we do go down most of our players contracts run out next year , so we would only have to pay the large wages for one year in the champ.
              Where did you get 120million from?
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                I understood it's a 70% rise, which would make it about £68m. Does anyone know?
                How I understand it. The increase in TV money for the PL is increaseng by about 70-73%. However, that is not all being passed on to clubs who I think could see up to a 57% increase.

As for £120 million - it is estimated that the title winning side "might" see a TV revenue of £100 million for the first time. As the overseas and UK contracts work differently - one is about how many watch you basically - the amount for the bottom club (currently a position we seem to be in more often than not) will be much, much less.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Everyones in debt!

But I can saftely say we do not have a fiscal clift or have to start a QPR reality TV series called "Meet the Bartons".

Comment

Interesting and article on big money in football and FFP: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-success.html
                    opinionated but worth a read.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                      Where did you get 120million from?
                      Marshy insisted it be disclosed.

Comment

if we go skint we just take DJ down to cash for Gold,jobs a gooden.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                        X