Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we in debt?

Seriously does anyone know?

I saw a table in facebook showing top 10 clubs in debts in 2010 and we were not among them. What about now?

What worrys me when Harry said we should not pay massive wages when our ground holds 18,000 and now we seem to have given Remy massive wage otherwise what makes him come to a bottom side? I hope there is a release clause in his contract If we go down. The future of the club is so importanant we do not want to end up like Portsmouth.

I still recall watching an interview with Amit last summer at QPR Player when he said that the clubs will always be run debt free and with prudent financial statements.
    Last edited by Yousef; 17-01-2013, 09:56 AM.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

I think the owners have done some clever things with the debt, but not necessarily "clearing it" as it may appear.

However, we have a wage bill that far exceeds turnover, which is dangerous. Most clubs don't. We did when we got promoted and I think we were the only club to, though would need to double check. That was a risk and it paid off.

The new money next year may change the situation. However, now even the big PL clubs are starting to realise that Financial Fair Play is a good thing as it will stop all the money going to players and agents anyway, because it will reduce the market bidding wars, so more money to spend on infrastructure and stability.

Next 3 years will be very interesting. However, FFP will hurt us more than anyone on the PL.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

We are in no debt to anybody outside the club. When tony took over he paid off all debt and made them interest free personal loans from himself.

Comment

Tony Incenzo said on talk sport the other day all this talk if we go down we will do a leeds pompey etc is rubbish.He said the club is totally debt free and dont forget they own their own ground.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
          Tony Incenzo said on talk sport the other day all this talk if we go down we will do a leeds pompey etc is rubbish.He said the club is totally debt free and dont forget they own their own ground.
          Hit the nail on the head. The first thing tony done was clear the debt.

Comment

Just supposing, and I have no reason to believe this, that the owner(s) get bored with this project and decide to call in their debt against the club. What then? Who pays the wages then? I must admit I do worry about that possibility. Could the ground be sold on to realise some of the losses? It has happened before. As I say, there is no indication that that is likely to happen but the more the club puts out to finance new acquisitions/wages, the more exposed it is to being left high and dry should the owners lose interest.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
              Just supposing, and I have no reason to believe this, that the owner(s) get bored with this project and decide to call in their debt against the club. What then? Who pays the wages then? I must admit I do worry about that possibility. Could the ground be sold on to realise some of the losses? It has happened before. As I say, there is no indication that that is likely to happen but the more the club puts out to finance new acquisitions/wages, the more exposed it is to being left high and dry should the owners lose interest.
              That is why I said the salries being so far in excess of turnover is dangerous. Some clubs operate at a loss, but to have salaries alone being massively higher than revenue is very high risk.

I am comfortable with the owners and trust them. However, should they not be there any more, we might have a problem.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Would be bad for us if our owners did this ....However not Uncle Tony ....He loves us !!!

Chelsea on the other hand .........With their trigger happy owner ...would be proper proper f ooked if he pulled out .....Here's hoping !!

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                  That is why I said the salries being so far in excess of turnover is dangerous. Some clubs operate at a loss, but to have salaries alone being massively higher than revenue is very high risk.

am comfortable with the owners and trust them. However, should they not be there any more, we might have a problem.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The club would not be able to pay the debt owed and would go into Liquidation. Liquidating a company means its assets are used to pay off its debts - any money left goes to shareholders. After liquidation, the company won’t exist.

Comment

The £40m we got last season for TV money is enough to pay 16 players £50,000 a week, so I doubt we're in the red. and that's without gate money, merchandise and pukka pies.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                        The £40m we got last season for TV money is enough to pay 16 players £50,000 a week, so I doubt we're in the red. and that's without gate money, merchandise and pukka pies.
                        Exactly people seem to forget next year we will get about 120mil tv money. Also if we do go down most of our players contracts run out next year , so we would only have to pay the large wages for one year in the champ.

Comment

I understood it's a 70% rise, which would make it about £68m. Does anyone know?

Comment

Pretty much sums up my fears for the club, just praying Tony dosn`t get bored
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
                              Would be bad for us if our owners did this ....However not Uncle Tony ....He loves us !!!

Chelsea on the other hand .........With their trigger happy owner ...would be proper proper f ooked if he pulled out .....Here's hoping !!
                              Originally posted by vespa View Post
                              Pretty much sums up my fears for the club, just praying Tony dosn`t get bored
                              Funny how Swindon are in the news today with this very problem , makes you worry !
                              "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                              For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                              X