Our record signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our record signing

The official says Remy is our record signing but describes the fee as "undisclosed".

Elsewhere it is reported as being an £8m deal.

Previously Granero has been described as our record signing, but I have seen as much as £9m being mentioned for him (not that I bought that - shades of Faurlin hype).

So what do we think Remy, Granero and other big buys at our club cost? Guess it doesn't matter to us the fans too much, but would be nice to be able to put into context our spending. I saw Harry making the point that actually Southampton spent a lot more than us in the close season and although we are paying a lot in wages, we didn't actually spend much on transfers in the summer - so reading between the lines he has told Fernandes he bought a pile of junk in the summer and now he has to spent serious money on good players.

I think Remy is £8m.

Granero gets reported in the press as £9m for some reason, but i'm sure it was mentioned by the club at the time, or maybe Real, that the deal could reach £6.5m, presumably only after certain milestones.

Comment

That's what I thought. Either Granero didn't cost us £9 million, or we've paid more than £9 million for Remy

Comment

The Mirror has Granero at 3.5mil, while The Telegraph had him at 3.8mil. Either way I doubt it was anywhere near 9mil. Harry said we were spending 15mil on Remy and M'Vila last night IIRC.

Comment

Also I think Real Madrid had a clause where they got first refusal if we sell him and they have the option to buy him back after 2 years.

Comment

thanks fellas. in any event i guess this finally lays to rest the ghost of mike sheron...

Comment

Working...
            X