Remy... 12th May v Newcastle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remy... 12th May v Newcastle....

How awesome and ironic if Remy bagged the winner against those fools from St James' and sent them down to the Chumpionship and preserving our PL status into the bargain....

Would be poetic justice... They took Sir LEs and we then went down the following season.

Payback would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      Would be poetic justice... They took Sir LEs and we then went down the following season.

Payback would be sweet.
      Very good point. Plus they gave us Barton, although I'm a fan still

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Payback would be sweet.
        Crikey I forgot about that.... I was at LR when we lost 3-2... That Keith Gillespie chip over Jan Stejskal was horrific and when Sir Les went bustling through you just knew he was going to score.... Loads of drunken idiot Geordies everywhere.....:(

Comment

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/ne...y-90410693.jpg

Comment

Moncur: Mercenary Loic not right type for United

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle
            Jan 17 2013

Add a comment

inShare
            Share on email
            Share on print

Loic Remy
            Loic Remy

NEWCASTLE United’s legendary former skipper Bob Moncur has slammed Loic Remy for choosing money over football.

Captain Bob reckons that Remy must have had pound signs in his eyes when he sat down to discuss terms with Queens Park Rangers and opted for a London switch ahead of moving to Tyneside.

The 26-year-old forward will now start life at QPR with the club rooted to the bottom of the table and in front of crowds no bigger than 19,000.

And, while Moncur is still hoping to see new players come through the door at United, he is still fuming that players like Remy lack ambition in a football sense.

He told the Chronicle: “It is disappointing to say the least. He was clearly a player that Newcastle have worked hard on (getting) and then he decided to go elsewhere.

“I mean, weigh it up – QPR or Newcastle United? There’s no choice as a pro.

“But he’s gone for the money and, in my mind, he was never the right type of player for Newcastle anyway.”

Moncur feels that there are too many players in the modern game that are more concerned about bank balances than winning trophies.

The move to QPR came after United made two visits to France to talk terms and saw their bid of £8.3m accepted by Marseille – only for an 11th-hour approach from the R’s to scupper hopes of signing the French star.

Moncur added: “United have worked hard on the deal and then all of a sudden he changes his mind for money. That is the only reason. There comes a time when a player must decide how much money is enough.

“If he is being advised by agents then I would say he hasn’t got much character.

“Harry Redknapp is a good talker. But surely he could listen to the French lads (already here at Newcastle).

“I think he might have been pushed and shoved by his agent. Players should stand their ground and stick to footballing principles.”

Many Geordie fans hoped that Remy would be lining up alongside Hatem Ben Arfa, Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy.

But Moncur says: “Considering all of the French lads are here and they tried to convince him to come, I just find it a bit irritating.

“How much money do people want?

“To be fair to everybody at Newcastle they have their rules and they will be asked the question why they didn’t match QPR’s offer to Remy.

“But there is no point having a structure and then going against it. They are sticking to their policy.

“The downside is you don’t always get the player you want but they are keeping the club stable. You have to have principles.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newca...#ixzz2IEBzvTBY

Sorry guys this should have gone with picture above another bitter geordie

Comment

Working...
            X