Anton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton

Much talk about Green and Bothroyd after last night but how did our much maligned Ferdie do?

Dont want him playing in league games cost us too many goals already this season

Comment

He done alright mate never really put a foot wrong and thought he coped with Lakaku well and done him in the air a few times. Solid performance no complaints

Comment

From the comms, he seemed to do well, but everyone was putting in a shift at the back, Ale lost the ball in midfield and then 30 secs later the commentator was hailing a great clearing header from Faurlin.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          He done alright mate never really put a foot wrong and thought he coped with Lakaku well and done him in the air a few times. Solid performance no complaints
          Agreed - Anton gets way too much flack IMO. He is no world beater and, don't get me wrong I wouldn't have him in the starting 11 , but people just brand him as $hit regardless of performances - he hasn't put a foot wrong in any game he has played for a fair while now. Credit where it's due.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Agreed - Anton gets way too much flack IMO. He is no world beater and, don't get me wrong I wouldn't have him in the starting 11 , but people just brand him as $hit regardless of performances - he hasn't put a foot wrong in any game he has played for a fair while now. Credit where it's due.
            We cant have 25 players on 60k a week and I think Anton is the type of player you need in a squad, on reasonable money which is affordable. You might not want him starting week in week out but he is more then capable of coming in during injuries, suspensions and for games like last night. I would hold onto him

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              We cant have 25 players on 60k a week and I think Anton is the type of player you need in a squad, on reasonable money which is affordable. You might not want him starting week in week out but he is more then capable of coming in during injuries, suspensions and for games like last night. I would hold onto him
              You & me both mate.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think he is our scapegoat on the messageboard, I know people moan about him not performing this season but who has? under hughes they were all poor. Under our dear Harry he might coach him into a better player, lets give him a chance at least!

Comment

Did exactly what you want a central defender to do. Good solid performance from someone who hasn't played much football and yes, coped very well with Lukaku. I would have him in my squad and hate the way he is scapegoated by so many. Mind you, Mackie, Green, Derry etc get similar treatment yet remain some of the best professionals at our Club.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Did exactly what you want a central defender to do. Good solid performance from someone who hasn't played much football and yes, coped very well with Lukaku. I would have him in my squad and hate the way he is scapegoated by so many. Mind you, Mackie, Green, Derry etc get similar treatment yet remain some of the best professionals at our Club.
                    Lukaku is on fire at the moment so that was no mean achievment
                    Derry.....sometimes gets beaten, plays the odd stray ball.....

Anton is a good back up premiership defender who in my opinion gets too much stick...He also had sh.t cover in front of him...which in recent weeks has improved dramitically.

Comment

Working...
                    X