DJ Campbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Campbell

Seems he's only being sold because he's one of our only players with offers on the table. Don't blame TF for wanting to recoup some cash but is a shame he never got a proper chance.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-prove-1534132

we will regret selling him!
    LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Why don't we sell Barton to Marseille? I though they wanted him!
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

As much as I like DJ, he is 31 & if someone offers a million or more then that's a good deal
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
          As much as I like DJ, he is 31 & if someone offers a million or more then that's a good deal
          Exactly.

He did get chances with QPR and missed some glaring sitters. He's also been plagued by injuries, which, given his age is not a good sign for any player.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
            They have him on a season long deal, so if any transfer were to happen it wouldn't happen until the summer at the earliest.

Comment

I really wanted it to work out for him at qpr but like someone said he is 31.

he's really need to make the most of what left of his career rather than playing for us in the reserves

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                Because they have us over a barrel. He is not wanted back, he is disruptive and expensive. Club gets Marseille to pay all or some of his wages. He and his agent along with Marseille see his contract clock run down. A tipping point will come where club can get him off the books ( another club discipline would be best at no cost to club) where a cash offer is made or that the club can roll his contract up and at least save some money.
                Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
                  I really wanted it to work out for him at qpr but like someone said he is 31.

he's really need to make the most of what left of his career rather than playing for us in the reserves
                  Most back up players dont even have this opportunity now becasue they scrapped it in favour of the U21 league, in which only 3 overs can play, and those spots are normally for players returning from injury or building fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Comment

If we stay up he won't be missed and can easily be replaced, the problem will occur if we go down.. DJ is an excellent striker in the Championship!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                        Most back up players dont even have this opportunity now becasue they scrapped it in favour of the U21 league, in which only 3 overs can play, and those spots are normally for players returning from injury or building fitness.
                        true

Comment

Rumour at game yesterday was that he spent yesterday at Palace hence why he was not on the bench

Comment

As for DJ well you pays your monet and take your pick.

1) Keeping him injury free for hammers. Questionable as to lack of game time with club, or did not want to trust fate and DJ hamstrings on a bloody cold night. Saturday will tell on that.
                            2) Has a knock from home leg of WBA tie or from training. Who knows.
                            3) Did not want to call tie, well Ipswich already out but Palace not until they threw it away at Stoke in ET. Possible move to Palace as he is a London lad and a good last pay time transfer.
                            4) HR is moving him on, does not figure in plans and wanted to look at others and team set up. He did not want an injury to him and screwing up his budget for rest of year.

You can go around in circles trying to second guess HR but Saturdays team sheet and no annoucements on DJ before then will point the way.
                            Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
                              As for DJ well you pays your monet and take your pick.

1) Keeping him injury free for hammers. Questionable as to lack of game time with club, or did not want to trust fate and DJ hamstrings on a bloody cold night. Saturday will tell on that.
                              2) Has a knock from home leg of WBA tie or from training. Who knows.
                              3) Did not want to call tie, well Ipswich already out but Palace not until they threw it away at Stoke in ET. Possible move to Palace as he is a London lad and a good last pay time transfer.
                              4) HR is moving him on, does not figure in plans and wanted to look at others and team set up. He did not want an injury to him and screwing up his budget for rest of year.

You can go around in circles trying to second guess HR but Saturdays team sheet and no annoucements on DJ before then will point the way.

I think he is already cup tied as his first game back for us was the first game I think

Comment

Working...
                              X