Cisse's given up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    I am not defending Cisse for some of his performances, but perhaps this might have something to do with it.

From the BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21034458

If this is true, can fans really blame Cisse for feeling angry miffed under valued etc.It's this kind of disparity between wages that divides the dressing room.

'Huge sums have been committed already, of course. Joey Barton's contract is worth £65,000 a week, although he is now on loan with Marseille. Shaun Wright-Phillips is on £60,000 a week while Bobby Zamora and Djibril Cisse, both 31, are being paid £60,000 and £45,000 a week respectively.'

Don't forget many of the summer signings are also reportedly earning more than Cisse i.e. Bosingwa, Green, Cesar, Granero, Park and Hoilett maybe even Diakite, Mbia & Johnson.
    The wonderful Clint Hill's on £15K pw its said. Probably the same for Derry. I know they broke the mould when they made those two etc, but they give 1,000 percent week in week out. They play for themselves, the team and the fans. Watch Hill when we win a game or concede a goal. You can't fake that passion. And both were shamefully treated by Hughes. Mr W@nkoir, on the other hand, really doesn't give a sh!t. And he earns four times what Clint earns. Sorry: should be makes. Mr W@nkoir hasn't earnt a penny this season...

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      I am not defending Cisse for some of his performances, but perhaps this might have something to do with it.

From the BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21034458

If this is true, can fans really blame Cisse for feeling angry miffed under valued etc.It's this kind of disparity between wages that divides the dressing room.

'Huge sums have been committed already, of course. Joey Barton's contract is worth £65,000 a week, although he is now on loan with Marseille. Shaun Wright-Phillips is on £60,000 a week while Bobby Zamora and Djibril Cisse, both 31, are being paid £60,000 and £45,000 a week respectively.'

Don't forget many of the summer signings are also reportedly earning more than Cisse i.e. Bosingwa, Green, Cesar, Granero, Park and Hoilett maybe even Diakite, Mbia & Johnson.
      Should not have any bearing whatsoever. When earning such ludicrous sums of money it should not matter. I know people say "how would you feel if you knew the bloke next to you at work earned more than you for the same job" - but that's not relative at all. In a world where we all have bills to pay, mortgages, credit card bills etc and struggle to make ends meet - yes, if the bloke next to me earned, say, £45k, and I earned £30k for the same job - I would have the right hump as that's a sum of money that would make a huge difference to the way I could live.
      But in the crazy world of football - where your colleauge earning more than you means that you can only afford 3 Ferraris whilst he can afford 4 and a Bentley - it's irrelevant. The lesser earner is still earning more money than he can probably ever spend.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
      X