Please do not be so harsh on our Korean fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please do not be so harsh on our Korean fans

It really pains me the way some of them get treated on here. It actually makes me cringe.

We're a small club, I don't see us getting a huge fan-base anytime in the future, so every fan we get, is important. Even if the "fan" is here for just a few seasons whilst their idol is here, it is still good.

Yes, most Koreans fans are here only because of Park, and will leave when he does. Do I have a problem with this? No. They come from a different culture, and I respect that. So please, let's make their time here a welcoming one, because if we do, I am sure a few of these fans will remain QPR fans. But if we're being nasty to them, I don't think there is a chance in hell they will continue to "support" us.

I work with a Moroccan colleague, and he came with me a couple of times down to LR last season, just to see Tarbs. This guy actually hates him (because of his antics with the national team), but he still wanted to see him play as he was one of his countrymen.
    And the same goes for Korean fans, yes, we know they're there just to see Park, but who cares? We don't fill the stadium, so we should welcome them, and make their experience an enjoyable one, and not treat them with contempt.

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
    It really pains me the way some of them get treated on here. It actually makes me cringe.

We're a small club, I don't see us getting a huge fan-base anytime in the future, so every fan we get, is important. Even if the "fan" is here for just a few seasons whilst their idol is here, it is still good.

Yes, most Koreans fans are here only because of Park, and will leave when he does. Do I have a problem with this? No. They come from a different culture, and I respect that. So please, let's make their time here a welcoming one, because if we do, I am sure a few of these fans will remain QPR fans. But if we're being nasty to them, I don't think there is a chance in hell they will continue to "support" us.

I work with a Moroccan colleague, and he came with me a couple of times down to LR last season, just to see Tarbs. This guy actually hates him (because of his antics with the national team), but he still wanted to see him play as he was one of his countrymen.
    And the same goes for Korean fans, yes, we know they're there just to see Park, but who cares? We don't fill the stadium, so we should welcome them, and make their experience an enjoyable one, and not treat them with contempt.
    Excellent post and agree.

Comment

I disagree, they do my nut in. Watch a team in your own country or better still follow your local team in Korea.

IMO they are everything thats wrong with the modern game.

Comment

They are just like any other away fan. Whereas fans defend and take umbrage to criticism of their supported club these Ji Sung Park worshipers just focus on the one player. Not QPR fans and shouldnt class themselves as such. They should also call a dog a dog and admit that Park is no longer the same player he was at United.

Comment

The post that gave rise to this discussion essentially said "stop sarcastically cheering my favourite player or I'll stop supporting QPR and hate all QPR fans forever".

I'd say that childish post got the caustic response it deserved. And that response was not based on ethnicity; it would have been the same regardless of the nationality of the player in question.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
            They are just like any other away fan. Whereas fans defend and take umbrage to criticism of their supported club these Ji Sung Park worshipers just focus on the one player. Not QPR fans and shouldnt class themselves as such. They should also call a dog a dog and admit that Park is no longer the same player he was at United.
            I hope your not barking up the wrong tree with this.

Comment

I'm not even Korean or Asian, and yet get insulted for being Korean lol. Seems to be a lot of hate here and perhaps one day it will go away.

Comment

Originally posted by madara View Post
                I'm not even Korean or Asian, and yet get insulted for being Korean lol. Seems to be a lot of hate here and perhaps one day it will go away.
                Sorry, I assumed you were. Yes, there's a few hateful people here, but they're everywhere. Please do not let a minority put you off the club.

Comment

Anyone that signs up to this forum and then accuses people of racism because they #### off their favourite player isnt welcome here imo.

Comment

I agree the comment about hating QPR fans at first pee'd me off a little, but when you realize that the posters first language is not English, you need to step back & take a deep breath.

The fact I sometimes have issues trying to decipher some posts that are made by members who are English would suggest that we sometimes need to read between the lines to try & truly understand what a poster is trying to say.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                      I agree the comment about hating QPR fans at first pee'd me off a little, but when you realize that the posters first language is not English, you need to step back & take a deep breath.

The fact I sometimes have issues trying to decipher some posts that are made by members who are English would suggest that we sometimes need to read between the lines to try & truly understand what a poster is trying to say.
                      lol go back and look at all his posts and its pretty clear what he is trying to say...All about Park. He is another Park fanboy and doesnt like to see any negative criticism about his god. Twenty posts in denial.
                      Last edited by vblockranger; 15-01-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Is your nickname "splinters" with all that time you spend sitting on the fence?

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                          lol go back and look at all his posts and its pretty clear what he is trying to say...
                          I have, & I have also had a very sensible exchange of PMs from madara.

I don't see what the big deal is - some people want to come & support a player who plays for us & give our club money in the process; if they do decide to leave once that player moves on, who does it really hurt?
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I would rather the whole subject was just dropped. If they go the stadium, buy merchandise and cheer the team on they are suppoting the club in more ways than one. Who cares what attracted them in the first place?

Some of you were not born in West London were you?
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                              I would rather the whole subject was just dropped. If they go the stadium, buy merchandise and cheer the team on they are suppoting the club in more ways than one. Who cares what attracted them in the first place?

Some of you were not born in West London were you?
                              Sensible point.

Comment

Working...
                              X