Redknapp on wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redknapp on wages

After we lost against Newcastle on boxing day, Harry said many of the players at QPR earn far too much money and that he didn't want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past.

Harry must REALLY rate Remy then if we're going to pay him 70k a week!!
    Last edited by taarabt7; 14-01-2013, 09:51 PM.

Well hughes did buy a lot of players that are past their prime, you could never make any money on them and they got money for old rope.

At least with Remy & m'villa we can always sell them for money if worst came to the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
      After we lost against Newcastle on boxing day, Harry said many of the players at QPR earn far too much money and that he didn't want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past.

Harry must REALLY rate Remy then if we're going to pay him 70k a week!!
      Or alternatively, the 70K, 80K, 110K and other figures being bandied around are just bowlox. Radical thought I know but hey what do I know
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        Or alternatively, the 70K, 80K, 110K and other figures being bandied around are just bowlox. Radical thought I know but hey what do I know
        110k is just nonsense. It is 250k at least

Comment

With a relegation clause what's the problem? Next year we get astronomical amounts of money from tv ect . Me and my uncle worked out with the money we get next year you can a full 25 man squad earning around 50k a week.

Comment

Laughable when people claim to know wages. Some plank will make something up on Twitter and its' taken as gospel. How on earth, unless you're his agent, Phil Beard or Remy himself, would you know what wages were agreed this evening?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Laughable when people claim to know wages. Some plank will make something up on Twitter and its' taken as gospel. How on earth, unless you're his agent, Phil Beard or Remy himself, would you know what wages were agreed this evening?
              if agreed at all

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                I agree. I said something like this on here recently. How does anyone on here know what wages the players are on. Unless they have access to the payroll or contract details they are guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  I agree. I said something like this on here recently. How does anyone on here know what wages the players are on. Unless they have access to the payroll or contract details they are guessing.
                  Fans from other clubs know a lot more than we do.

Comment

Well, Redknapp is a hypocrite, I might like him at the moment because he is trying to keep us up, but the salaries they paid when he was at Pompey were HUGE, and he never complained then.

Comment

The problem we face is regardless of what the wages are the media (newspapers) have made their mind up that we pay everyone £60+k a week and no one has relegation release/salary cap clauses. So even if we are only paying reasonable money until the media decide they are going to drop their stories that is how we will be portrayed to those outside the club.

The media are very powerful and rightly or wrongly dictate what people think i.e. from playing Swansea for the last four seasons we knew their footie was boring but they were the plucky new team to the prem passing the ball so they were sold as the Barcelona of Wales. We, I am afraid, are stuck with the tag until the media get a new target but the fallout is when ever we go to sign players there going to think hold up this is QPR they pay over the odds so im going in high, so we now find ourselves inbetween a rock and a hard place

Comment

Working...
                      X