Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    needs to offload some players first to bring down the wage bill
    No, get the players in before releasing others. Otherwise you risk gettting rid of players and then missing out on the signings and being left totally short.... Look at Liverpool, released Carroll as Rogers told they'd get Dempsey and ano, and they ended up signing nobody and left short up front unitl Jan.

To be honest i don't think this option is as risky as people seem to think. The players get lured by good (hopefully not stupid) wages and a big fat bonus if we survive, and they are mainly concerned about not playing in the championship next season so get guaranteed release clauses in the contracts, however, we could set these at pretty much what we paid for the players in the first place so get out money back when they move on, as there will be takers.

Comment

Barton tweeting that he has heard other names we are going for and it sounds as if Fernandes is putting it all on the table. Looks like we are really going for it. One thing's for sure: its rarely boring for long at our club...

Comment

fair play to tony though stain, I mean the bloke really backs his managers.

I wonder whether the 4pts has changed his thinking. Was harry promised these funds when he took the job? The way harry acted I don't think he expected this kind of backing although harry has a good poker face. I am getting back down to LR to show support to our chairman, i'll be honest I did have a break but now the players have fight and the new signings we need to get the stadium rocking.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Bigger risk than some fans acknowledge on here. When you go down you don't necessarily get what you paid for them. In fact, you would almost certainly get less. Do you think Villa would recoup even a third of the £28m they paid for Bent if they go down. The relegation clause entitles the player to leave, which further weakens the position of the club that owns them. I'm delighted that Tony has decided to twist, but don't think for a minute it is risk free.

Now that is a FACTOMONDO !

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
          Well I hope it works out for Tony.

I hope it works out for us ......... It's our club :yush:
          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

fans have been through allot but I too hope it works for Tony, bloke hasn't put a foot wrong, yes he could of been more trigger happy with hughes but he backs his managers. Tony has been a breathe of fresh air and even without these signings he's done more than enough imo

Comment

i HATE this stratagy. all gonna end in tears

Comment

Originally posted by casuallyqpr View Post
                i HATE this stratagy. all gonna end in tears
                I backed sensible spending but I have changed my mind. Villa are shocking, an awful team with an average age of 22. They won't stay up.

Reading were lucky lucky sods v west brom and have too many average championship players so they are down, so only 1 place left imo and I hope and pray it's not us.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  fans have been through allot but I too hope it works for Tony, bloke hasn't put a foot wrong, yes he could of been more trigger happy with hughes but he backs his managers. Tony has been a breathe of fresh air and even without these signings he's done more than enough imo
                  Totally agree mate.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    fair play to tony though stain, I mean the bloke really backs his managers.

I wonder whether the 4pts has changed his thinking. Was harry promised these funds when he took the job? The way harry acted I don't think he expected this kind of backing although harry has a good poker face. I am getting back down to LR to show support to our chairman, i'll be honest I did have a break but now the players have fight and the new signings we need to get the stadium rocking.
                    Oh yeah, agree - can't understand (or stand) fans who give Tony a hard time on Twitter. Best owner we have had since Chairman Jim. He isn't a football expert, he thought he had hired a bunch of blokes who were. The CVs of Hughes, Rigg etc were impeccable. Felt hugely sorry it didn't work for him. He (and the rest of the board) have now put their money where their mouths are and got behind Harry. He couldn't have asked for more backing than this. There's no guarantee it will work but we now have the best manager in place we possibly could and he has got a lot of money to spend. Hope fans don't turn on Tony if the gamble doesn't pay off - he has tried everything.

Comment

also dont forget, the mittals are putting up a % of all this wedge too.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I don't think any fans would turn on Tony, they know he's tried his best.

Wow when you think in the last 4 years I have seen 8 managers come and go and about 5 different teams lol.

I really hope this works!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          also dont forget, the mittals are putting up a % of all this wedge too.
                          I think if we stay up we should all chip in and have cast iron statues made of the mittal family, another one of Tony standing with a cheque book and one of Harry smiling standing outside loftus road.

Comment

I don't think any fans would turn on Tony, they know he's tried his best.

Wow when you think in the last 4 years I have seen 8 managers come and go and about 5 different teams lol.

I really hope this works!
                            I don't think anyone is for turning on TF, but the realists amongst us can see where these things can go belly up, AND we all really really hope it works out too
                            "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?

Comment

I think if we stay up we should all chip in and have cast iron statues made of the mittal family, another one of Tony standing with a cheque book and one of Harry smiling standing outside loftus road.

Surely they would be made of Steel

Comment

dont forget rosie!
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X