No announcement yet.

Are you angry on Nelsen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not angry, I'm looking forward to him managing my local team but if we (QPR) don't have a suitable replacement by the end of the month I would hope he stays for the remainder of our season! Toronto FC are in another rebuild and even the most optimistic of fans are not expecting much this season so his absence will not be a huge factor for the start of the season! Does anyone know if he is named to the 25 man roster then retires after, can he be replaced?
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      I am not angry that a good player leaves in this fashion,
      I am angry that a few cr@p players will never leave like this.
      In hindsight he should had retired at the end of last season if his body is that knackered. I am sure he could had found some coaching work at that time. Good luck to him and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
        I'm not angry, I'm looking forward to him managing my local team but if we (QPR) don't have a suitable replacement by the end of the month I would hope he stays for the remainder of our season! Toronto FC are in another rebuild and even the most optimistic of fans are not expecting much this season so his absence will not be a huge factor for the start of the season! Does anyone know if he is named to the 25 man roster then retires after, can he be replaced?
        Do you ever go to see Toronto FC play? Do they have a big following?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
          In hindsight he should had retired at the end of last season if his body is that knackered. I am sure he could had found some coaching work at that time. Good luck to him and his family.
          This opportunity only came up after Kevin Payne who was the president of DC United for years was hired recently in the same capacity at TFC, Nelsen had played for him at DC Utd! There aren't that many opportunities for a player with no previous coaching experience to step right into a manager's role when they hang up the cleats!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Angry, no. Gutted, most certainly
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
              Do you ever go to see Toronto FC play? Do they have a big following?
              Yes, I go to most of their games, I think there are about 14000 season ticket holders and the 23,000 seat stadium is usually full although attendance dropped off a bit last season because the team was absolutely horrible!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

For TFC's first few years in The MLS, they had a waiting list for season tickets & trying to get a ticket for a league home game was almost impossible..
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

No bad feeling towards Nelsen at all, but I am gutted he's going. Top defender and top pro.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    For TFC's first few years in The MLS, they had a waiting list for season tickets & trying to get a ticket for a league home game was almost impossible..
                    Seven years of losing has killed that!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Yes, I go to most of their games, I think there are about 14000 season ticket holders and the 23,000 seat stadium is usually full although attendance dropped off a bit last season because the team was absolutely horrible!
                      I watched some MLS last season and really like the league.....the fact it is growing so fast and does things a bit differently maybe, not sure what the attraction was. Watched the final and really enjoyed it. Would like to catch a match next time I am in the states or if I ever go to Canada.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                        I watched some MLS last season and really like the league.....the fact it is growing so fast and does things a bit differently maybe, not sure what the attraction was. Watched the final and really enjoyed it. Would like to catch a match next time I am in the states or if I ever go to Canada.
                        If you or anyone on the board for that matter are going to come for a visit, give me a heads up and I'll get you into the TFC Supporters Section!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Not Angry he's been great for us so far, but he's not going to last 16 games week in week out and we need another option or two.

Comment

If you or anyone on the board for that matter are going to come for a visit, give me a heads up and I'll get you into the TFC Supporters Section!
                            Might take you up on that offer once winters over....
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

aint the Toronto lot the ones that throw cushions on the pitch if they score?
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                                aint the Toronto lot the ones that throw cushions on the pitch if they score?
                                They have done but usually people just bring their cushions home if you know what I mean!

Danny Dichio scored the first ever Toronto FC goal BTW, we sing a song for him in the 24th minute of every match!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X