Are you angry on Nelsen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you angry on Nelsen?

I really don't know what to think on this one.

I was writing him off, but he has proved me wrong, and has been our best player this season. I honestly cannot think of even one bad game he has had, even when we have been routed, it has not been his fault.

But then for him to walk-off when we're in a dog-fight and need him. That's hard for me to take. I know people will say he wants to go and further his career, but what about loyalty to the club? If the likes of Cisse or say even Tarbs were to move because they wanted to play for a bigger club, I am sure most of us would feel betrayed. And that's how I feel about Nelsen. He should stay till the end of the season.

Nope not one bit.

The bloke is 35 years old, admits he is knackered and his knees and ankles are "like glass" these days and he has been offered a great opportunity make the next step in his career and take a step back from playing. Who can begrudge him that? He came in on a 1 year deal, he has been our POTY so far by a country mile and has agreed with Arry to stay on a little longer to help us out whilst we find a replacement. Can't get any fairer than that.

Anybody that thinks he should see out his year contract no matter what as he signed that contract is, IMO, a little naive as to how football works these days.

Yes we would all love him to stay until the end of the seaosn but, in all honesty putting ourselves in his shoes, who would do any different?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

answer is No.. when a player in that age, his playing is just a bonus. its clear he wanted to rest from EPL games pressure and stabilize his life.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Nope not one bit.

The bloke is 35 years old, admits he is knackered and his knees and ankles are "like glass" these days and he has been offered a great opportunity make the next step in his career and take a step back from playing. Who can begrudge him that? He came in on a 1 year deal, he has been our POTY so far by a country mile and has agreed with Arry to stay on a little longer to help us out whilst we find a replacement. Can't get any fairer than that.

Anybody that thinks he should see out his year contract no matter what as he signed that contract is, IMO, a little naive as to how football works these days.

Yes we would all love him to stay until the end of the seaosn but, in all hojnesty putting ourselves in his shoes, who would do any different?
        I'm sure Nelsen couldn't have imagined he'd be a near ever-present, or so important to us.

He's been absolutely fantastic, and gives it all in every game. He's everything that the club's collection of overpaid, over-hyped has-beens isn't.

Comment

I guess you're right Matty, I probably still live in an idealistic and unrealistic world where the club comes before everything else, I guess at the end of the day, players also have to look out for their own future. I just worry about our defence when he goes, Ned is good, but not as good, and M'Bia, I wouldn't trust him, too hot-headed as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
            I guess you're right Matty, I probably still live in an idealistic and unrealistic world where the club comes before everything else, I guess at the end of the day, players also have to look out for their own future. I just worry about our defence when he goes, Ned is good, but not as good, and M'Bia, I wouldn't trust him, too hot-headed as far as I am concerned.
            Agreed - we need a big commanding centre half to replace him or we will have a huge void at the back. In an dieal world yes all players would see their contracts out btu, as silvercue has mentioned in good detail a few times on here, contracts aint worth the paper their written on these days.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

we wouldnt be were we are without him - we've gained some valuable points home and away thanks to him. he leaves LR IMO with his head held high.

I'm more gutted that he can't be involved in our coaching set up. Why haven't we offered him a backroom role? if Toronto are thinknig he's good enough to manage straight away then it's clear tactically he's got the right brain for it.

Comment

You really need to grow up a little, the guy has been offered a 'career', something I'm sure most footballers start to think about long before they reach 35, I'm delighted for him, if he gives a tenth of the commitment to Toronto as he has done to QPR he'll be a quality manager. There was no guarantee that if he stayed with QPR he'd be in any way rewarded for his 'loyalty' In fact he probably would be cast aside when new recruits were being brought it, you have to remember he came here as a fourth choice defender and has made himself an integral part of the team, but in today's game that doesn't guarantee any loyalty from a club.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Nope not one bit.

Yes we would all love him to stay until the end of the seaosn but, in all honesty putting ourselves in his shoes, who would do any different?
                  Totally agree.

He is a model professional player, who has never let his club down.

He is giving everything in every game for QPR and now has a chance to start his mangerial career. I dont begrudge him the chance to go. To be fair, he can also retire as a player from the game anytime he wants to, even more so, given his age and condition of his knees and ankles.

It's not his fault Hughes went into this season with a shortage of fit and abled centre halves to play at this level.

Comment

Total class and has done over and above what was originally expected of him for the season. He's who the Bosingwa's of this world should aspire to be like.

Comment

I am not angry that a good player leaves in this fashion,
                      I am angry that a few cr@p players will never leave like this.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Droghoop View Post
                        You really need to grow up a little, the guy has been offered a 'career', something I'm sure most footballers start to think about long before they reach 35, I'm delighted for him, if he gives a tenth of the commitment to Toronto as he has done to QPR he'll be a quality manager. There was no guarantee that if he stayed with QPR he'd be in any way rewarded for his 'loyalty' In fact he probably would be cast aside when new recruits were being brought it, you have to remember he came here as a fourth choice defender and has made himself an integral part of the team, but in today's game that doesn't guarantee any loyalty from a club.
                        I think you're the one who needs to grow up, if going online and telling people who might have a different opinion to yours causes you to tell them to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Total class and has done over and above what was originally expected of him for the season. He's who the Bosingwa's of this world should aspire to be like.

Comment

He came as back up but proved he is still a top defender on his day (Playing out of his skin for us)

He's been a true warrior for us and in all fairness we do need him.

Fact is he will stay for now and hopefully we can bulster our CBs by bringing in a new CB!

You cant argue or moan at him, hes 35 and we shouldnt be relying on the guy.

Comment

1. Not angry - happy for him and us
                              2. We need better player than him to avoid relegation - yes he has done extremely well but there are better around
                              3. Good if he stays until we have to submit a new 25 man squad

Comment

Working...
                              X