X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tottenham dominate but false nine Taarabt creates chances

nice analysis article on our new tactics

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/01/...eates-chances/

Will have a read of that later. ZM can be good but a bit OTT with the "tactics explain everything" approach sometimes too.

Comment

Gives you a different perspective that. I thought AT did very well on Saturday but that confirms just how well.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        Gives you a different perspective that. I thought AT did very well on Saturday but that confirms just how well.
        I'm not bashing Taarabt, but i still find it frustrating how he is always the architect of his own downfall, when he beats 2 players and just has to go for the third and loses the ball, he still fails to take the easy option and there was a moment in the game when he cut in from the right and rather than play for a corner he tried to beat the defenders, lost the ball, Spurs broke and had a chance..... He's still our best player, but at the same time he can very easily be our worst and our biggest liability.

Comment

Some interesting points in there but I think they missed a key one as did Spurs on the day.
          Sometimes the defence was very deep to minimise the impact of pace - so the obvious move for Spurs would be stick Adebayor/Dempsey under Cesar's nose and have the wingers fire in crosses at them. The gamble was that the continental coach would hold his nose at such an idea - and he did.
          So instead the deadly Spurs wingers, and their whole team come to that, lacked width and tried to plough through the brick wall in the middle of the park - and failed miserably.
          Quite funny really

Comment

Working...
          X