Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the critics against new midfielders? I think they are needed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the critics against new midfielders? I think they are needed..

Well.. I know the answer, we have too many already and we need strikers and centrebacks. Well, for sure, but why do you think HR is looking for more midfielders when he knows what we all know? I believe our midfield is neither young nor good enough when going forward. If they're not good enough going forward a new striker won't create a thing, he'll just be on his own.

Lets run them through:
    Derry: excellent fighter but won't last for 17 games. Jake Livermore is in for him.
    Faurlin: not fit or just not rated by HR? Why is Derry picked before Faurlin, Park was as well this saturday when Granero was out? Something smells a bit fishy to me. If we stay up, Faurlin leaves this summer?
    Mbia: good defensively but not good enough going forward, we all know that and those who don't should see the game against Spurs again. Mvila will probably take his place. Mbia in for Nelsen?
    Granero: imo he will play next to Mvila, Park could be back up just as against Spurs. Imo I'd like to see Faurlin as back up but apparently HR doesn't, maybe so with Livermore behind?
    Mackie: enourmous work rate but looks like a headless chicken sometimes. Still, I believe he will keep his place on the right hand side.
    SWP: actually, I think he's growing in confidence but imo SWP isn't good enough going forward. He might just start when the formation is defensively lined up from now on.
    Hoilett: will compete with SWP on the left hand side, his work rate holding him back at the moment, besides him being injured.
    JS Park: just back and will hopefully get better. Still think he'll just act as back up from now on. Rumours going about, maybe he actually do stop playing this summer.
    Diakete: well, I like him but his diciplinary record is probably the reason why he's out. Going back to France is my guess.
    Adel: Could drop down to the left hand side again but needs a hard working midfielder playing next to him in that case.

Apparently all clubs are pricing us out of CBs at the moment, I know J. Olsson wants a move to London, he's been saying so for years in the Swedish press. And, since it looks like we're preparing another bid his agent is probably not telling QPR it's dead in the water. JO is an enourmous fighter, he'd be a perfect buy for this club. But, this could be why HR is looking for midfielders, Mbia dropping down for Nelsen?

I think a defensive (4-1-4-1) approach will look someting like this when the transfer window is closed:

----------------Ceasar
    Onuha------Hill/Olsson/Nelsen/Mbia------Fabio
    ----------------Livermore/Mbia---------------
    -----------Mvila----Granero/Livermore--------
    Mackie----------------------------------SWP
    -----------------New striker/Adel-------------

A more offensive (4-4-2) line up:
    ---------------Ceasar
    Onuha------Hill/Olsson/Nelsen/Mbia------Fabio
    -----------Mvila---Livermore/Granero---------
    Mackie/Hoilett--------------------Adel/Hoilett
    -----------Zamora/Adel---DJ/new striker------

In a nice (dream?) looking world, I think this formation looks quite well balanced:

-------------Ceasar
    Onuha----Hill(Mbia)--Olsson-----Fabio
    -----Granero---Mvila---Livermore-----
    --Hoilett-----------------------Adel--
    --------New striker (K. Jones?)-------
    Last edited by erikmata; 14-01-2013, 12:57 PM.

we defo need more midfielders if we are shipping out diakte and furlain.

good post erik
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Well... I'll change the guy up front then! :pleasantsuprise:

Offensive line up, when Nelsen leaves:

----------------Ceasar-------------------
      Onuha----Hill--------Mbia/Olsson-----Fabio
      ------Granero------Mvila----Livermore-----
      --Hoilett----------------------------Adel--
      ------------------Remy-------------------

Comment

Think it will be ok for new Midfield players but we have to move some of the others out! also we are in Dire need of a Quality Centre back. With Nelson soon to depart Hill playing out of his skin( for how long) Harry Doesn't seem to want to play Ned there? and that leaves Ferdinand who is probably our worst CB since Karl Ready and results have improved since he's been out of the team.and personally dont want to see him back! (I know he played last night but H made some changes to rest players) so I think Harrys priority now needs to be a decent centre half?

Comment

I'm pretty sure we will go for Jonas Olsson again.. Top centre back who wants a move to London. Maybe we'll see Mbia-Olsson in the middle of our back four.

Diakete for France, JS Park ends his career?

Comment

Good post I can see your point. That's why are are not scoring!
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Our defenders are not THAT bad in my opinion.Its the people in front of them and tactics used that makes them look bad.If you defend from the front and not like Cisse who states" im not a defender etc " it takes a lot of starin from the defence.Now players are working hard all over the pitch...beat chelsea beat WBA away and 0-0 V spurs, yet same defenders....Players in front of them with a sense of purpose and direction....Football can be an easy game...its just run by managers who have no idea how to manage the game.Hughes was a prime example of one way...Rednapp the other.

Comment

That is correct, the WHOLE team defends, not only the back four. This is also why we, imo, are playing Derry in front of the back four and that is also why Mackie-SWP are wingers, they have power enough to work defensively hard. I do believe that Derry will be changed for Livermore and that Mvila takes the place of Mbia, both are younger and better techniccally. When those two are playing, then maybe we'll see Adel & Hoilett on the wings again (at least @ Loftus Road) and all of a sudden we will create a lot more chances.

Comment

Working...
                X