No announcement yet.

Championship strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone who follows Leeds very closely, Beckford is a good Championship level player, but definitely not made for a top-10 Premiership club. But if we could get him on loan for the rest of the season, that'd be good, as he is a local lad as well.

Comment

What people need to remember is we have DJC who's scoring for fun in the Championship and, even though he'd scored goals in the prem, was deemed not good enough by Hughes (possibly wrongly), but i am still unsure he'll get a proper run under HR, in which case they'd have both overlooked him.

We also have Bothroyd who so many on here slate to death, and yet the season before we signed him he scored 20 for Cardiff and got an England cap on the back of it (and a number of injuries to other English strikers)......

The point is, goals in the Championship really mean very little. The proof will only ever be in the pudding....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        What people need to remember is we have DJC who's scoring for fun in the Championship and, even though he'd scored goals in the prem, was deemed not good enough by Hughes (possibly wrongly), but i am still unsure he'll get a proper run under HR, in which case they'd have both overlooked him.

We also have Bothroyd who so many on here slate to death, and yet the season before we signed him he scored 20 for Cardiff and got an England cap on the back of it (and a number of injuries to other English strikers)......

The point is, goals in the Championship really mean very little. The proof will only ever be in the pudding....
        Thanks Del - was just going to say exactly this.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

To be fair if we go down Campbell and Bothroyd. Not a bad front 2 for the Championship...

Comment

Simon Cox Forest ex WBA,... prem experience....good enough or not?

Comment

mackail smith gone off the boil of late but chases defenders down unlike cisse or BZ , we have to get someone in as the present strikers just cant cut it

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Simon Cox Forest ex WBA,... prem experience....good enough or not?
                Not sure - but we have been linked with a move for him. Can't remember where I read it but £3M was mentioned and I think that is a lot for someone only proven as a Championship player.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                X