Championship strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship strikers

At this time, it is realistic PL clubs are not willing sell their strikers.

If we go to the Championship, here are the top scorers:

* Murray-Crystal Palace who are 4th. Won't sell.

* Austin-Burnley: 10th and have hope of making the play-offs so maybe difficult yo buy.

* Rhodes: Blackburn are in mess so it is worth bidding for him.

* Woods: Leicester are 3rd, no chance.

* Becchio: Leeds, 11th maybe If we swap one of our players for Warnock.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

I would say Rhodes.

Comment

I know he's on loan from Southampton but for me there's few better then Billy Sharp
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

ANy high scoring Championshipo striker will have a ridiculous price put on his head because any club will basically know selling them will write off their chances of promotin to the prem gravy train...

As for Rhodes, Blackburn paid £8m for him in the summer and he's been a success, so the least they'd want would be £10m... for a player who's never played in the top flight let alone been proven.

I'd rather we paid £3m for Odemwinge, 31 or not.

Comment

Out of that list I'd plump for Becchio myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            ANy high scoring Championshipo striker will have a ridiculous price put on his head because any club will basically know selling them will write off their chances of promotin to the prem gravy train...

As for Rhodes, Blackburn paid £8m for him in the summer and he's been a success, so the least they'd want would be £10m... for a player who's never played in the top flight let alone been proven.

I'd rather we paid £3m for Odemwinge, 31 or not.
            Agreed
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              Out of that list I'd plump for Becchio myself.
              If we get M'Vila and give Leeds Derry, maybe?
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Charlie Austin seems to be worth a punt.

Comment

austin for me ! natural scorer thats what made world class scorers world class , scoring should be natural a la romario ronaldo and co

Comment

Originally posted by rockandroll View Post
                    austin for me ! natural scorer thats what made world class scorers world class , scoring should be natural a la romario ronaldo and co
                    Yes, but it's a lot easier to make space and score goals when playing against cart horse defenders week in week out..... Nobody knows if he can cut it against the best defenders in the world. Most notable recent example was Beckford who was hyped beyond belief as some great striker and then flopped in the big time.

Comment

Yes, but it's a lot easier to make space and score goals when playing against cart horse defenders week in week out..... Nobody knows if he can cut it against the best defenders in the world. Most notable recent example was Beckford who was hyped beyond belief as some great striker and then flopped in the big time.
                      at least he knows where the net is not like SWP and CO

Comment

Agree with ya post there Del - but me being in a right pedantic mood (:sorry have to slightly disagree with your Beckford comment. He hardly set the world alight there but he got 10 goals in 40 games for em, so not too bad tbf.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Agree with ya post there Del - but me being in a right pedantic mood (:sorry have to slightly disagree with your Beckford comment. He hardly set the world alight there but he got 10 goals in 40 games for em, so not too bad tbf.
                          Yeah fair enough. I think it was more in relation to the fact he very quickly dissapeared down the leagues again without a trace. To a degree he had been tried against good players as Leeds had some good cup scalps, including Utd away and i thing Spurs when he scored against both, and Everton could afford to take a gamble.

Half the players being touted have not played top flight or made any noticable impact against top flight teams in cups im aware of, so would be a massive and very expensive gamble, which i don't think a club in our position can risk taking. We need someone with the right proven prem ability who could hit the ground running, ala Graham, Odemwinge etc.

Comment

Pa**** Cisse has proven premier league ability, might as well bid for him !

Comment

Yeah fair enough. I think it was more in relation to the fact he very quickly dissapeared down the leagues again without a trace. To a degree he had been tried against good players as Leeds had some good cup scalps, including Utd away and i thing Spurs when he scored against both, and Everton could afford to take a gamble.

Half the players being touted have not played top flight or made any noticable impact against top flight teams in cups im aware of, so would be a massive and very expensive gamble, which i don't think a club in our position can risk taking. We need someone with the right proven prem ability who could hit the ground running, ala Graham, Odemwinge etc.
                              You're right mate I do agree, like I say I was just being a right pedantic sod, excuse me

I think a club needs to be in a stable PL position before they can start taking gambles on such unproven players - the pressure on a player like Austin coming to us now knowing we need his goals to stay up would be immense and would hardly help him adapt to the league. Whereas somebody like Sunderland, for example, who aren't really in any great danger of relegation, could maybe take such a gamble on a player and have alot less pressure on him and thus more liklihood of it paying off.

Exactly as you say, we need somebody that has a proven track record in the prem for us right now.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X