£2 million bid for Odemwingie rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geng View Post
    Hah! Soldado, Negredo, Villa, Llorente. Every one of those would have been a regular in the England first 11 for years now. And probably several others besides them. Raul too - he had a couple successful years at Schalke after leaving Real.

If Spain dominate without a striker, that's because they have several of the best midfielders in history and play in a particular style that doesn't really require a big man up top. No reflection on the quality of the strikers themselves - they have several world class options.

A great example of the Classico blinkers we have in this country.
    How is that a hah, the post i responded to was that english scouts get their insight into foreign players from the Mail. I simply responded by saying no other country's scouts spotted him and Spanish strikers aren't known to do well abroad save for Torres at Liverpool. All you have done is name 4 Spanish strikers that have spent their whole careers in Spain plus Raul. it's hardly an argument to support the point that Spanish strikers have done well in England. If you had found the names of top quality strikers from Spain who had set the premiership alight then that would have been a good argument and consequently Michu should have been spotted but that's not your point.

What you say in essence supports my argument that Foreign Scouts may not have been as vigillent on Michu as they should have been as we have no history of Spanish strikers playing abroad.

As to midfield players from Spain I agree they are excellent and that is why many litter foreign clubs, the fact that attacking midfield players from Spain have a reputation for keeping the ball and doing quick passes has led to an influx and therefore foreign scouts like even our lot look out for any such talent but they don't for Spanish strikers, whether they should is a different question.
    Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 14-01-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X