Redknapp: The whole of my life is consumed by rescuing QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redknapp: The whole of my life is consumed by rescuing QPR

HARRY REDKNAPP should come with a health warning.

Just over a year ago he was in hospital with heart trouble and had an op to fit two stents to keep his arteries clear.

Most pensioners would take the cue to kick back and look after a dodgy ticker.

But QPR’s boss is the most unlikely adrenaline junkie you will ever meet. His passion for football is incurable and he is putting his body under incredible stress trying to win Rangers’ survival battle.

He will be flying in from France just about now after a weekend scouting at two matches and will take training before QPR head to West Brom for tomorrow’s FA Cup third round replay.

Redknapp’s doctors should look away now.

He revealed: “I haven’t been home too much lately. It’s difficult but you have to try. I could sit back and say “It’s not my problem, unlucky’ but my life is consumed by saving QPR. I am not sleeping at night, my mind’s going non-stop.

“I got a buzz from today, the whole thing is a buzz.

“And this result was as good as our win at Chelsea last week.”

Redknapp, 65, got his kicks last season pushing Tottenham towards a top-four finish. Getting sacked a few weeks later is not quite what the doctor would order.

Shoe-horning a point out of his old club would have been more pressure before rushing to the airport to catch a plane and two nights in a hotel before back to work this week. But Redknapp is not the only man of vintage years putting himself through the mill to keep Rangers afloat.

Ryan Nelsen, Clint Hill and Shaun Derry are dragging more out of their war-weary bodies than they probably expected to this season.

Redknapp said: “People say they are only Championship players but they are giving it everything and I can’t ask for any more.

“And they are good around the place. Jamie Mackie’s effort — he ain’t Gareth Bale, but does he try? He gives everything.

“They are good lads, not earning big money, but you can rely on them to come out and have a go.

“There’s no big-headedness, or big-time Charlie with them they are great guys to have around, they care for the club and want to do well.

“Ryan Nelsen, what a competitor. I took him to Spurs last year and people said I was mad? He’s one of the best centre-halfs we have had in the Premier League and one of the best characters.

“When he played, he did great for me when I needed him and he has come here and been fantastic.

“You can see why someone wants to want to take him to Toronto and make him a manager but hopefully, we will keep him for another month or six or seven weeks.”

At least the football was played at a more sedentary pace which would have the medics keeping watch on Redknapp a little happier.
    Julio Cesar’s superb double save from Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor was the pick of a match which was short on clear-cut chances but not on decent football.

Unfortunately, it’s going to be heart-stopping stuff for Rangers from here on in.

Redknapp faces another of his old clubs this weekend and has a decent record against West Ham.

Defender Fabio said: “With this mentality, with this spirit then we can get the results to get out of this situation.

“Under Mark Hughes we lost games, we lost confidence, but we’ve started to get some results now.

“Harry was very keen to win the game because he managed them before. I think you could see it in the players’ reactions.
    “We gave everything on the pitch. The attitude has to be the same in every game to get out of trouble.

“We have to show courage on the pitch, be aggressive and that’s what you need to win games.”

LINK: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2HuNDHuJd

WHAT A GUY!!! Reading this makes me love Harry even more! He's the total opposite of Hughes

Comment

For me we're very lucky to have had Holloway, Warnock & Redknapp at QPR. 3 of the most honest managers you can find. Great guys
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        For me we're very lucky to have had Holloway, Warnock & Redknapp at QPR. 3 of the most honest managers you can find. Great guys
        All 3 of them have great characters, unlike Hughes, who is a miserable clown!

Comment

Really hope he stays if we get relegated.

Comment

Reading that just makes you feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Reading that just makes you feel good.
              With Harry you know he is going to give it all and that is all we can ask. If Hughes was still in charged we would have been finished.

Comment

Wished we had him earlier!
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
                  All 3 of them have great characters, unlike Hughes, who is a miserable clown!
                  Yeah true, I can't actually speak as I was in favour of sacking Warnock for Hughes. I actually happen to think Hughes is okay when he sets his teams up to be defensive & then counter attack. Still a idiot of a man who's left us in trouble
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

So lucky to have him. One of the best out there. Stay up & watch us go under Redknapp.

Comment

Great man, says it like it is and is 100% in his assessment of the likes of Hill, Derry etc. Makes it easier to trust his judgement if he puts out strange (to us fans) selections, e.g. SWP instead of Hoilett etc.

Comment

he is in the mould of Holloway and Warnock, live and brethe the club and football. You can see how he gets players playing for him. Also, see Mbia saying the players are scared of him, thats good as well. Makes Hughes look even more of a mug.

Comment

Working...
                        X