Confirmed interest in Tom Rogic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed interest in Tom Rogic

We seem to be trying to snap up this young australian attacking midfielder from under the noses of Celtic.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-lea...-000-for-Rogic
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 13-01-2013, 11:24 PM.

Google tells me $700 000 australian is £457 461.90

Comment

We've got some R'S in Australia on this forum don't we?

What do you guys make of him
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Got this off youtube, Made by a fake hoops fan who seems to think they have signed him
        Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 13-01-2013, 11:36 PM.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Is Harry stuck in 'midfielder' mode like Hughes was?

Comment

He's only 20, so I'd imagine we would loan him out, watching him in that clip, he has the same build as Michu, looks a good prospect and at 500k we should defo go for him

Comment

could be the next Nick Ward

Comment

Doing what all good clubs do and bringing in young talent, either he'll turn out fantastic and be a steal or if he's the next Nicky Ward we can just sell him off to Brentford and claim he never played for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  could be the next Nick Ward
                  A double edged compliment if ever there was one...

Agree with Deepcut: being interested in midfielders is great, just so long as we don't get to the last day of the window and Harry says: "OK, who has got a number for Titus...?"

Comment

Have just moved back to Aus from London, so can't say I have seen him play a lot! Seems to be the standout of the current Aus League season. Central Coast dominated the league early on in the year and have just started to come back to the pack after having a few players go and trial overseas etc.
                    Good attacking midfielder with a lot of upside. Goal scorer and debuted for Socceroos (national team) this year.
                    Long term project I would imagine!

Comment

I've posted this elsewhere before but this is my take on the Rogic rumour:

This rumour has been doing the rounds a bit over here in Australia. Rogic is largely considered one of the brightest prospects in Australian football at the moment and has been having a great season for the team currently top. He won a international talent search called the Nike Chance Academy a year ago and was offered a contract with Reading but couldn't get the required visa. He's since been capped for the national team and is currently trialing with Celtic as well.

He plays as an attacking midfielder but is still very very raw. He has a futsal background so has very good technical ability and a great eye for a pass but doesn't have great pace and is still somewhat lightweight. Maybe similar to a more forward playing Faurlin but nowhere near as good yet. Could be a decent player in the Championship but not prem quality just yet. No doubt has the potential to be a top top player but not the kind we need for a relegation scrap.

The Mariners (his current team) are a selling club and have had some great prospects in recent years doing well overseas but are always cash strapped so forced to sell these kinds of players. They've previously done deals with the buying clubs to keep the player on loan for the rest of the season. IMO this would be the only way we should consider this move, he could do a decent job in the championship if we go down, especially if Taraabt leaves but will need time to adapt to the English game. Part of me doesn't want to see him come to us as he is a bit of a gamble and might not suit the football in England (and he plays for the bitter rivals to the team I follow over here) but there's also a good chance he'll develop nicely and become a very good, technically gifted player. Oh, and he's definitely a cut above Nick Ward (who is back playing here in Aus and only ever sees the subs bench at a pretty average club). This is all IMO of course.

Comment

Another midfielder & more worryingly another risk.

Comment

I heard he was as versatile as an egg.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                            I heard he was as versatile as an egg.....
                            Ha ha brilliant! I heard he's gonna score 47 goals for us next season!

Comment

Won't keep us up or take us back up
                              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                              X