Redknapp and Cisse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redknapp and Cisse

Yes Cisse has been lazy and hasn`t worked hard enough. When Redknapp took over I thought that he would sort that out, unleashing the Cisse from last season. With Redknapps reputation as a great motivator and succesful in "man to man management" I thought we wouldn`t have to buy any strikers. But.....that has not been the case. Cisse har hardly been playing and I´m dissapointed they haven`t solved it. Our (ability wise) best striker is not starting and is not getting many minutes per game. You have to fix these kind of things if we`re about to stay in the PL. If they could have solved this man to man our chances of survival would have been much better.

Cisse appears to be the stubborn type who doesn't listen to anyone, so I wouldn't even bother.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
      Yes Cisse has been lazy and hasn`t worked hard enough. When Redknapp took over I thought that he would sort that out, unleashing the Cisse from last season. With Redknapps reputation as a great motivator and succesful in "man to man management" I thought we wouldn`t have to buy any strikers. But.....that has not been the case. Cisse har hardly been playing and I´m dissapointed they haven`t solved it. Our (ability wise) best striker is not starting and is not getting many minutes per game. You have to fix these kind of things if we`re about to stay in the PL. If they could have solved this man to man our chances of survival would have been much better.
      Did you see him celebrate the goal and the win at Chelsea from the bench tho?...he clearly does give a sh@t and I wonder if he's just a victim of poor service?

Comment

He is very much a victim of poor service but he's also a lazy player who doesn't bust a gut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
          Did you see him celebrate the goal and the win at Chelsea from the bench tho?...he clearly does give a sh@t and I wonder if he's just a victim of poor service?
          Could very well be that, He clearly can't play the lone striker, and the only way he can is if he gets the perfect service (Usually a through ball to run on to), otherwise he won't even try to run after it.
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

When BZ comes back I think we'll see more of him as they looked quite tidy together. That's if he's still with us after this month.

Comment

I think he has been troubled a bit in his personal life since last season. He and his wife left each other in between seasons which could have affected his motivation to get into top shape. He is getting older so he will have to train very hard to keep his speed and composure. He still - I think - is our best striker and by a million miles. The problem is his form (fitness not scoring form) and that he does not get enough balls the way he has to be played. You see it often when he shouts at the other players during games - its because they do not feed him the balls correctly which leads to him loosing the ball in stead of creating a chance or a goal.

Anyway HR should sort it out and set tactics to feed him with the kind of passes he needs and Cissé will score bags of goals I promise you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                When BZ comes back I think we'll see more of him as they looked quite tidy together. That's if he's still with us after this month.
                Yes I think HR could sell him should an offer come in.....but why get Remy or Gouffran when we have Cissé - I simply do not get it! Neither Remy nor Gouffran has scored the number of goals per season Cissé has in his career and they never ever will.

Comment

Redknapp was right to leave him out against Chelsea and Spurs, though. We went into both games with a game plan and ended up with 4 points - you can't complain. I rekon Cisse will play against West Brom on Tuesday, and if he impresses then i'm sure he'll be given the nod when we take on West Ham

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                    Could very well be that, He clearly can't play the lone striker, and the only way he can is if he gets the perfect service (Usually a through ball to run on to), otherwise he won't even try to run after it.
                    Only if SWP could finish like Cisse then we would have won yesterday

Comment

Yeah Cissé is not a dribbler and SWP is not a goalscorer.....

Comment

Cisse is a type of striker who relies a lot on service and so a team not functioning harms his game more than most.
                        You can make a case to keep or sell him this window. They key is improving the strikers (probably 2 in) and one of them being a target/holdup striker.
                        If he needs to go to make the space then fair enough.

Comment

Cisse is like bent a goalscorer who does nothing else.

Comment

I don't think you can play Cisse and Adel in the same team.

We are not good enough to have 2 players in the starting eleven that offer nothing defensively. Having 5 in midfield without Adel gives us stability and solidity at the back. Playing with 4, especially with headless Mbia, we are too easy to get in behind.
                            :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                              Win bonus?
                              Always comes in handy when you need a bit of dosh to PR your Mr Lenoir perfume don't ya know
                              I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Working...
                              X