No announcement yet.

7 wins from our remaining games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 wins beyond us unless we pull off some sensational buys, and the way we are having to set up to keep it tight at the back scoring any goals is going to be difficult. but don't think we will need 40 points to stay up, 33/ 34 might just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
      Not gonna happen.

We are going down.

Plus we are relying on the other teams around us not winning.And this weekend has not been good to us.
      Nobody knows how many points / wins will be needed, there is not an exact science for points tally = survival.. keep on saying it. You could've stayed up with 31 not too many years back.

As for this weekend not being good for us.... how do you work out when we got a point out of a match most would be sure we'd get nothing, we gained a point on Villa, and maintained with Wigan. Reading had a lucky lucky break as they could easilly have been 5-0 down before scoring as Lakaku hit post, bar and had one goal ruled out for offside, otherwise we'd have gained on them also. Make no mistake Reading are poor and that was a flash in the pan result and they will be down at the end of the year for me, along with Villa imo. Which means it would be between us, Wigan, Southampton, Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich imo for the 3rd slot. Maybe Wigan's time will come.

At the end of the day we need to worry about our games and let others drop pointsd as and when they do..... to take 4 points from Chelsea and Spurs is supurb.

Comment

We've got the fixtures to enable us to stay up- February and March will decide our fate.

I don't think we have enough goals in us to stay up though, IMO.

Comment

It will be difficult but I believe it's possible having studied our last 2 performances. A new CF and CB is a must, Livermore's energy will make defending from midfield and turning defence into attack quicker. We need to beat West Ham next then if Kompany's red card isn't rescinded we have a really good chance of a point or 3 against City as well. Remember last season when Kompany was suspended and we were soooo unlucky to lose 2-3? We have half a dozen "6 pointers" before the season ends and these will make or break us.

One thing is for sure, I've learnt that Harry's comments after the Liverpool game about believing is start to rub off on me so it'll definitely be rubbing off on the players, especially after Chelsea and Spurs games!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            7 wins beyond us unless we pull off some sensational buys, and the way we are having to set up to keep it tight at the back scoring any goals is going to be difficult. but don't think we will need 40 points to stay up, 33/ 34 might just do it.
            The way Reading and Southampton are picking up points suggests we need 40!
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

West Ham match is a must if we have any chance of survival. I am just concerned if we will score.

Comment

very possible to get the wins, but it all depends on what tactics we play. We have got two positive results against Chelsea and Spurs, but we cant play Adel up front on his own vs the lower teams such as West Ham etc. I understand we need to stop top teams playing against us, but at the same time, we need to win games as well. For me, Adel needs to drop back and a goalscorer such as DJ needs to go up top. We simply are not going to create anything otherwise

Comment

Working...
                X