No Strikers = No Goals = Relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pey, any good vans in Holland?
    Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 13-01-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I think we can do ourselves a huge favour too by sorting out our attacking set pieces as currently there is no point us having them. Im Adels biggest fan but in the first instance corners and free kicks into the box he should be no where near them as he cannot beat the first man. This is not a recent problem for him it goes back three seasons so its someone elses turn.

He also showed his value from being on the edge of the box when the ball drops in the way he set up SWP against Chelsea and if it is dropping and begging to be volleyed its him I would want on the edge of the box hitting it.

Set pieces to most sides are worth 8 to 10 goals a season however to us we may as well just give it to the oppo keeper as it would save time

Comment

Granero should and will take all the set pieces when he returns from injury. However don't forget the up roar but the Tarrabt fan club when Granero came on and took a free kick off Tarrabt recently.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
          Granero should and will take all the set pieces when he returns from injury. However don't forget the up roar but the Tarrabt fan club when Granero came on and took a free kick off Tarrabt recently.
          I can cope with him having a shot from free kicks but his delivery into the box for an ongoing period im afraid is way short of the mark

Comment

This Zamora chap who is going to be the answer to a good few people

Is it the same injury plagued and couldn't give a fook Zamora we have at the club or is there another bang up for it guaranteed to be fit for 3 months Zamora out there?
            I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              Pey, any good vans in Holland?
              The one which comes to mind is Virgil VAN Dijk
              Young promising Defender.
              From Holland with love

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post

Is it the same injury plagued and couldn't give a fook Zamora we have at the club or is there another bang up for it guaranteed to be fit for 3 months Zamora out there?
                Hope its the second. It could be the first......

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post

I agree Zamora is not the answer at all. What will we do with play balls to him to pass to taarabt then let Tarbs find the creative passes because all Zamora can do is lay off. So why not pass directly to Tarbs for him to pass to a real striker to run inbetween the defense then score.

Comment

He's not the answer no but he'll give defences a bloody harder time than we are currently giving them.

No defender likes playing against a physical man. It wears them down & of course brings our lads into play.

Comment

The sooner Zamora returns the better, I don't care what anyone says he is a goalscorer - a boring one but gets the goals. Also that Habibou or whatever him name is looks like he's in talks with us and Leeds, and after watching some clips of him I think he could do the business for us.
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

You can play without a striker (or without having the main emphasis on a striker) and score bagfuls of goals. Yesterday we played it defensively but bring the wingers into play and runners from central and you can cause havoc.

It is tactically demanding however and we don't really have the time for fine-tuning such a set up, especially without top class personnel.

In terms of holding it up and bringing others into play I actually think Adel is doing just as good a job if not better than Zamora ever has done for us though.

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                        The free kick Granero then ended up taking was one of the worst I can recall.

Comment

all very well saying we are in for ottenwinge but if we are offering £2m its hardly surprising West Brom told us to get lost. Fair enough its an opening bid but we need to get serious pretty quickly if we are serious about buying our way out of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Pey View Post
                            The one which comes to mind is Virgil VAN Dijk
                            Young promising Defender.
                            I meant strikers.

Comment

Playing the tactics we did against Chelsea and Spurs is crying out for Bobby as your hoping that when you put the ball up top your big man is going to grab hold of it and keep it/ win free kicks so you get restbite and a chance to reorganise.

Yesterday more so then Chelsea it felt a bit like it was attack after attack for Spurs. Adel done a magnificent job on his own up top against Chelsea holding and winning free kicks but if we are all honest that is not his game nor his strength

Comment

Working...
                              X