No announcement yet.

No Strikers = No Goals = Relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strengthening up front is important. I'm worried too... We need at least one striker in. We also need to add some creativity in midfield. Livermore looks good. And we'd have been a better team had Granero been fit and played yesterday. Might Harry be able to get something out of Bobby Z? If so, that'd be like a new signing.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
      Not just strikers. We need to supply them as well. Cisse is a classic example of a striker who if provided with chances will score goals. But apart from Adel we create very little.
      This.

Comment

John Guidetti from Man City would be a good signing on loan.
        From Holland with love

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
          Not just strikers. We need to supply them as well. Cisse is a classic example of a striker who if provided with chances will score goals. But apart from Adel we create very little.
          True. Would also be good to have a striker who can create chances for himself.

Comment

crouch n odemwiggie= safety imho!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              That form would give us 32 points. Not enough.
              Its enough if Reading , wigan and villa continue in the same way !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pey View Post
                John Guidetti from Man City would be a good signing on loan.
                Fabio and Livermore mean no more loaners

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  couldnt agree more rocs...but as i said yesterday i think six one nil wins would do it.....but i fully agree at least one striker of note must come in before the window shuts and we will have to 'go for wins'against those in mid table and around us....but in harry i do believe!
                  Smart post which I agree with.

Goals are key but clean sheets are just as vital as no point being able to score two and three a game if your conceding that amount too, the Reading way, and as I said in another thread they wont be able to keep that up. This season they have scored 3 against Fulham and not won, 3 against Man Utd and not got a point, 5 against Arsenal and lost and two more against Arsenal and lost. They got lucky yesterday, as we did last season against Liverpool. Blackpool scored loads of goals but ultimately went down because they conceded more.

A clean sheet guarantees you a point a game, clean sheet and one going in off Cisse’s a rse and its three points. Lets not forget clean sheets and the odd goal against Spurs and Stoke kept us up. Yes I would love us to go out and win 3 nil each game but clean sheets in the first instance are a major building block

Comment

Good post west.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Good points lads.

Felt Newcastle have bad a £10m bid accepted for Remy so that ones gone but I take your point that Harry is trying to rectify the problem I'm just concerned about how long more we wait & more importantly the fact no one has signed yet when we were told business would be done early speaks volumes. No one wants to come & if any are thinking about it they'll wait until the last minute hoping for a better offer.

Worried.
                      Zamora will be like a new signing imo. Been out for ages and yet still our top goal scorer, ok not saying that much but at least del and others aren't harping on about our saviour cisse. I think adel will chip in with more goals but he needs support. Zamora can at least hold the ball up and is someone who adel can work off, I also expect the midfielders to chip in more with a target man. Harry seems to be the making of SWP and I think he could also have an effect with bobby as he knows all about him. Don't think the west brom striker is the answer unless we change formation and play 2 up top as he has pace but too lightweight
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Zamora will be like a new signing imo. Been out for ages and yet still our top goal scorer, ok not saying that much but at least del and others aren't harping on about our saviour cisse. I think adel will chip in with more goals but he needs support. Zamora can at least hold the ball up and is someone who adel can work off, I also expect the midfielders to chip in more with a target man. Harry seems to be the making of SWP and I think he could also have an effect with bobby as he knows all about him. Don't think the west brom striker is the answer unless we change formation and play 2 up top as he has pace but too lightweight

agree 100% no point going for odemwinge if he is going to be playing in a lone striker formation for the whole of the season. yes though if harry intends playing him off zamora.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Yea good shout weare. Zamora is just what we need right now. Big physical player who will rough up oppo defences something we haven't done since he last played. Let others feed off of his knock downs.

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
                            Its enough if Reading , wigan and villa continue in the same way !!
                            That's true!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              Fabio and Livermore mean no more loaners
                              Wasn't aware we already agreed a deal on Livermore by now.
                              Still hope we can add at least one good striker
                              From Holland with love

Comment

Zamora IMO is not the answer at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X