No Strikers = No Goals = Relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Strikers = No Goals = Relegation

I am stating the obvious yes but I honestly believe if we don't address this problem right now we are destined for the drop.

I'm not having a go at Harry's starting XI yesterday as I believe that line up was perfect for that game & in all honesty the system worked to a tee, only thing missing was a goal which is what I think Harry set us up to do, soak up pressure then try & score from a rare break.

Problem is we had 0 shots on target & only 3 off target all game.

We haven't scored many goals this season at all & although our organisation, effort & tactics have improved 100% since Hughes went it will all count for nothing if we don't score goals.

I'm concerned we are 2 weeks into the window & no solid targets have been tied up. Does anyone think we will be ok & Harrys management is starting to pay off? Personally I don't think we have goals in the side at all & that could be our undoing & that would be a real shame as we are finally starting to look like a proper football team.

Agreed, but with the interest in Remy and Odemwingie it's clear Harry wants to bring a striker in. Not to mention Zamora will be back soon.

Comment

couldnt agree more rocs...but as i said yesterday i think six one nil wins would do it.....but i fully agree at least one striker of note must come in before the window shuts and we will have to 'go for wins'against those in mid table and around us....but in harry i do believe!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Best post of the weekend. And Harry, I'm sure, would agree with its sentiments. Scoring goals and creating chances have been THE problem all season. We didn't have one corner all second half... I'm v pleased with the point yesterday. It hasn't, however, sent me into delirium. I wish it had.

Comment

Crouch, unused sub for Stoke again yesterday. Would be a great loan who would proberly be interested in coming .

Comment

having a striker as a loan could be a good idea since not many fine ones are not willing to take risks.

Comment

Worried that we're running out of games whilst we wait for new players. Cant afford to wait until deadline day as we'd then be into Feb. and players will take 4 weeks to bed in. Then it's March and so on
              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Here is the form table from the last 8 games.

Agree about strikers and we will need to win to survive. But we've just taken 4 points from 2 of the top 3 form sides. Defensively we look strong now. Need to add a threat up front.

Comment

Good points lads.

Felt Newcastle have bad a £10m bid accepted for Remy so that ones gone but I take your point that Harry is trying to rectify the problem I'm just concerned about how long more we wait & more importantly the fact no one has signed yet when we were told business would be done early speaks volumes. No one wants to come & if any are thinking about it they'll wait until the last minute hoping for a better offer.

Worried.

Comment

We have spoke to Remy , habib and placed a bid for odem also with reports of us going in for graham . It's hard times for Harry to be able to bring in a decent striker but he is trying. If there was no reports of us being linked with any strikers or center backs then I be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Good points lads.

Felt Newcastle have bad a £10m bid accepted for Remy so that ones gone but I take your point that Harry is trying to rectify the problem I'm just concerned about how long more we wait & more importantly the fact no one has signed yet when we were told business would be done early speaks volumes. No one wants to come & if any are thinking about it they'll wait until the last minute hoping for a better offer.

Worried.
                      I'm pretty sure against lesser sides than spurs Harry will take one cm out and put a striker up top with adel just behind him. I'm more than confident to have dj up front for the next few games till the end of the window.

Comment

I agree mate but we need strikers NOW. Yes he is clearly trying but maybe we need to look down a division rather than top targets who are not likely to join or as others said couple of good loans.

I'm just concerned the days are ticking.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          Here is the form table from the last 8 games.

Agree about strikers and we will need to win to survive. But we've just taken 4 points from 2 of the top 3 form sides. Defensively we look strong now. Need to add a threat up front.
                          That form would give us 32 points. Not enough.

Comment

Trouble is there isn't many strikers out there that are available, as teams don't like to let goal scorers leave especially in January.

Remember we have Zamora coming back and we now have DJ available too.

I was wondering if Cisse will leave?

Comment

Not just strikers. We need to supply them as well. Cisse is a classic example of a striker who if provided with chances will score goals. But apart from Adel we create very little.

Comment

Working...
                              X