Shaun Derry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Derry

What a top man. Has been written off so many times for being too old but always comes in and does a job. Sure, he misplaced a few passes yesterday but overall he was excellent. Who would have thought he would be starting with of all the central midfielders we have (diakite, park, granero, mbia, faurlin). Not only does he give 100% every game, he is also a very underated footballer. Knows his limitations - wins the ball and passes it short. Nothing fancy but very effective. A proper defensive midfielder who makes us very solid at the back.

Agreed.

Comment

agree, derry at loftus road is immense
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by rangertillidiedan View Post
        What a top man. Has been written off so many times for being too old but always comes in and does a job. Sure, he misplaced a few passes yesterday but overall he was excellent. Who would have thought he would be starting with of all the central midfielders we have (diakite, park, granero, mbia, faurlin). Not only does he give 100% every game, he is also a very underated footballer. Knows his limitations - wins the ball and passes it short. Nothing fancy but very effective. A proper defensive midfielder who makes us very solid at the back.
        Amen.

Comment

I have mixed feelings. Against Chelsea and yesterday there were some situations, usually horrible passes or lost balls, when I thought we would lose only because of him. Then he made some good breaks or tackles. But I would want us to have a more composed man instead - someone who's better with the ball.
          Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 13-01-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Thought he was fantastic sitting in front of the two CB's, I'm hoping Faurlin can be picked regularly again and maybe play in a similar type role and can probably contribute a bit more with his passing.

Comment

Faurlin has not been the same player since his injury, lets not forget he had a career threatening injury and we may (really hope I am wrong) but MAY never see the old ali faurlin again, has not looked like the same player and I think it's a serious concern

Comment

Great performance. An old pro able to use his experience to great effect. Made a couple of telling passes too. He made the odd error, but is forgiven for it because, unlike passenger Park, his was a great contribution to the team.

Comment

Hmm you're probably right Faurlin was excellent before he got injured and I do hope he regains that form, I really like him as a player.

Comment

This is my point Smaug not 1 fan on here has asked the question. He was our best player and 1st name on the team sheet but too many on here are frightened to ask the question. Yes it pains me to do so because it would be a great shame but whether it's confidence in the injury I don't know. I just hope he isn't another Ian Selley. He was arsenal 1st team and ended up at woking. Ok maybe not that serious but has been a shadow of the player he once was

Comment

Working...
                    X