Park did his job today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
    Why was that ? Maybe because everybody done what Harry assigned them to do.
    In which case Harry told Park to keep his kit clean.

Comment

The reason Park is in the team ahead of other midfield players many of us think are better is that he can be trusted to do the job that is given to him and follow instructions to the letter, Park is incredibly disciplined and has the ability to play several different roles

the main arguments i have seen to support Park being **** yesterday are that he didnt tackle enough and he didnt play offensively enough but I dont think that was the job given to him yesterday.

Yes he was run of on a couple of occasions by top quality midfielders like scott parker but i dont think there was one time when he was run off by a midfielder into a free area, they always ran past Park straight into our congested central defensive wall, I dont think there was one time when someone ran past him on the flank into a threatening area.

It seemed to me that Parks main job was to deny space and time to spurs in the midfield and particularly to protect the flank and full back. in that respect he was pretty effective. If you still think he was completely **** think about whats Harrys instructions to him probably were and then watch a rerun of the game

Not my favourite player by a long chalk but in the context of yesterdays game I think the criticism of him is a bit over the top
      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
        In which case Harry told Park to keep his kit clean.
        This!!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
          The reason Park is in the team ahead of other midfield players many of us think are better is that he can be trusted to do the job that is given to him and follow instructions to the letter, Park is incredibly disciplined and has the ability to play several different roles

the main arguments i have seen to support Park being **** yesterday are that he didnt tackle enough and he didnt play offensively enough but I dont think that was the job given to him yesterday.

Yes he was run of on a couple of occasions by top quality midfielders like scott parker but i dont think there was one time when he was run off by a midfielder into a free area, they always ran past Park straight into our congested central defensive wall, I dont think there was one time when someone ran past him on the flank into a threatening area.

It seemed to me that Parks main job was to deny space and time to spurs in the midfield and particularly to protect the flank and full back. in that respect he was pretty effective. If you still think he was completely **** think about whats Harrys instructions to him probably were and then watch a rerun of the game

Not my favourite player by a long chalk but in the context of yesterdays game I think the criticism of him is a bit over the top
          Defore ran off him from the flank to unleash the twenty five yarder saved by Cesar...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Defore ran off him from the flank to unleash the twenty five yarder saved by Cesar...
            Tipped only just on to the post by a world class save with Ade running in requiring another world class save.
            5 mins on the clock

Nothing else though I don't think...

Comment

Originally posted by madara View Post
              Park did his job today so stop bashing and start supporting.

Worked his ass off today. Was without a doubt instructed to limit his runs forward and through balls to a minimum. If you watched him closely, only once or twice did he run into the final third, and only to arrive as a late option or the only option.

He recovered the ball at least 7 times and disrupted their plays a few times as well. He did not misplace a pass. I counted 1 time he got dispossessed.

Redknapp will play Park and by the end of the season if he rates Park then he will stay and play.

Observe and analize.
              Park is keeper.

MADARA... its a japanese cartoon character...

this guy is obviously a troll.

Comment

how many times did Derry lose the ball in dangerous areas? but of course the microscope is on Park innit...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  What game were you watching? He could not control the ball at all and ran in to trouble most of the time. He didn't play a single 'attacking' ball forward, always sideways and for all the running he did do, he got turned so easily evertime he closed down a player.

That is a true observation.
                  I watched the game yesterday alright, which game did you watch yesterday?
                  Well I beg to differ. What you are saying is he did nothing and kept losing the ball? That is far from the truth mate. Rewatch the game and focus on Park and maybe you will see he barely misplaced a pass and was only dispossessed once.

Comment

Straight from the commentators cliche manual....surely!...................

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                      Straight from the commentators cliche manual....surely!...................
                      I'm over the moon........ :-)

Comment

Originally posted by goonerdoz View Post
                        it's alright, city won't beat the gunners today.
                        Of course they won't beat you today
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                        X