No announcement yet.

Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mackie squeezes every ounce of his potential out pretty much every game. He's limited, but he does what he can very effectively.

Be assured if every player we had was playing as close to the top of their ability as Jamie does, we would not be in the position we are.

Comment

Jamie Mackie ineffectual? Ask Onuhua if he's ineffective or Derry or Kyle Naughton for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Jamie Mackie ineffectual? Ask Onuhua if he's ineffective or Derry or Kyle Naughton for that matter.
        Done a right good job on Naughton yesterday. From the first minute, down in from if where I sit, he chased him down and let him know he was there with a big challenge. Worked his b0ll0cks off yesterday - even by his standards. Didn't do a huge amount with the ball, but as Dave refers to, was very effective in stopping Spurs attack with any great effect down his side.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

So now we only had 9 on the pitch yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            WIth the ball he does nothing, that was the point. Ask Naughton or any remotely decent prem FB if they worry about him when all he has in his locker to try and beat them is hit and run, which probably 9 times out of 10 results in him running into them and conceeding a pointless foul. Add to that the fact there's normally a pass on inside or back instead, and it is normally a pointless exercise and basically just gift posession back to the opposite side.

Don't get me wrong i don't want to dig the bloke out, just pointing out my opinion. I love his effort, endeavour etc, but imo, he's not good enough to start prem matches... but its not his fault he's picked. For me as an impact sub he can make a difference against tiring defenders but for me as a starter is inneffecitve because he's a one trick pony easy to defend against and when he starts he gets as knackered as the defenders so no advantage. As a sub full of energy against knackered defences that's totally different.

Comment

I gave him credit for yesterday. He did his job very well of closing down/hustling and running his socks off. In that type of game yesterday those attributes are vital and he used them very well. So from that angle he was very effective.

People say he is not effective in the attacking sense which is fair enough. He is played on the wing. So he also has a task of beating the full back and suppling chances if given the chance when on the ball. 3 or 4 times yesterday he was 1 on 1 with the full back and ran straight into him and lost it! I cannot remember in all the games this season when he has played on the wing a single time he roasted a full back/put a good cross in or set up/created a chance for someone.

Compare that to SWP yesterday on the other wing who grafted as much as Mackie but offered so much more attacking wise and was our most likely source of a goal.

Against the likes of Wigan/Sunderland at home etc the attributes that were needed from Mackie yesterday will not be as vital as we will have so much more of the ball. This is where we need players with more ability who are more likely to make something happen when they have it.

Comment

I just think he is very isolated in his position. Seems all our forwards have to try and take on an entire backline by themselves as we never seem to break forward and support them. Probably why they try and do so much because they not expecting any help. No on runs into the box for a pass.

Comment

8-10 goals from the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    8-10 goals from the wing.
                    And a total of 0 this season on the wing. Plus 0 assists and zero chances created.

His two goals came when he was up front.

Comment

Working...
                    X