Definitive List of QPR Managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitive List of QPR Managers

Obviously this is based on the ones that I have seen and how I rate them (i.e. personality, style of play, success etc) some views may be skewed given I was a kid and have a hazy memory of them, so here we go:

Neil Warnock 1 - Promotion to the promised land with a squad that had no right to go up, needs no more explanation
    Gerry Francis 2 - First time round in prem he was quality until Thompson played games
    Harry Redknapp 3 - Potential to be best manager we have had/ I have seen
    Ian Holloway 4 - Made the lower leagues fun
    Luigi De Canio 5 - Entertaining footie
    Iain Dowie 6 - As above
    Jim Magilton 7 - Butted Buzaky who I dont rate gets kudos (prob out in belfast as we speak throwing petrol bombs)
    Gary Waddock 8 - Rangers legend tried to play the game the right way
    Paulo Sousa 9 - Think he had potential to be decent but bottled it when promo was not out the question
    John Gregory 11 - Too close to Paladini
    Don Howe 12 - Hazy memory but remember enjoying few games
    Trevor Francis 13 - As above
    Ray Harford 14 - I liked Ray as a person but awful manager. Whoever bricked his car windows after we got gubbed at Oxford your naughty
    Stewart Houston 15 - Dog whistles = Wrong, get me Sheron and I will get you the Prem = Wrong
    Paul Hart 16 - Wrong from the off had no chance
    Mark Hughes 17 - Blew his own smoke out his a rse. Never fancied him from the off and would have kept Warnock. Prat of a manager
    Ray Wilkins 18 - Cant stand the man, wants to be everyones mate. **** manager who wasted a load of money (As did Hughes). Signed the only
    Aussie who was unable to settle in West London, signed Simon Osbourne who I thought was decent enough but then refused to
    play him as it meant dropping himself

Hughes should really be 18 but my dislike for Wilkins sees him edge it as the worse QPR manager I have seen. He done himself no favours coming out in support of Terry and talking a load of tosh about what a 'smashing chap' he is

Dave Sexton R.I.P

Comment

Shame you were too young to have seen Venables... Fa cup final and promotion the next season... Class manager in his time with us

Comment

For those of who go back to early 60's then yes, sexton, venabales as well as jago and stock would all be in that list and at the top end. Warnock would not stand comparison to all of this lot.
        Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Alec Stock....nuff said.

Comment

I think in the last decade Mark Hughes has to be the worst manager, I can't believe he wasted so much money on players who are coming to the end of their careers and didn't buy a single yougster. He just failed big time and showed himself up at the Southampton match.

The best for me (for now) was Neil Warnock, I think TF was too quick to fire him and he was soo unlucky not to get backed in the transfer window in the summer as I felt he was building a good side and his transfer targets were really good had he'd been backed. I still think we should had stuck with him and he is possibly the most unluckiest manager we've had.

Comment

Toss up between Hughes & Hart...Hughes came with all the expectations and resources, so takes the gold medal I guess.

Comment

I never understood how people hate Ray Wilkins, Great player for us and I agree had a terrible first go at management. However he took over after we sold Ferdinand and even Gerry did not want to wait around to watch the result of that bit of bad business !!! The year we went down we simply drew to many games and lacked goals.
                The following year we started strong Gallen was scoring for fun!! Then knee injury screwed up our season and IMO Gallen was never the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                  I never understood how people hate Ray Wilkins, Great player for us and I agree had a terrible first go at management. However he took over after we sold Ferdinand and even Gerry did not want to wait around to watch the result of that bit of bad business !!! The year we went down we simply drew to many games and lacked goals.
                  The following year we started strong Gallen was scoring for fun!! Then knee injury screwed up our season and IMO Gallen was never the same.
                  The reasons are the following:

1) The Chelsea connection, he is a chelsea fan.
                  2) He made some bad buys, he bought Zelic for 3.5m and quickly sold him back for £1.5m after 3 months, Simon Osbourne was strange and never used, and he even brought in his mate and cripple Mark Hately who was so badly injured he hardly played (and too old at 34).
                  3) Rumours he fiddled the club with agents fees etc.. (similar to Mark Hughes and his Agent)
                  4) He took us straight down.

Comment

Add No.5 Left the club on regulation with 65 Players on the books that the club could not move on and was a key factor in the financial mess to dog the club for years.
                    Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

no mentions of tommy doc and alan mullery...the man whos team threw away the biggest first leg advantage by an english club in european history
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

What about The Bald Eagle?!

Didn't do a bad job!

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                          What about The Bald Eagle?!

Didn't do a bad job!
                          agreed...wembly final and a league win at anfield i think??
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Frank Sibley has to be up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                              agreed...wembly final and a league win at anfield i think??
                              Don Howe was our manager when we first won at anfield.we won 3-1.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X