No announcement yet.

Adel's dead ball ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Said on that interview that last year was hard, because he underestimated the stepup to the Premier league, thinking he could walk past defenders but he realised he got found out, so now has to mix his style of play and become more unpredictable. Thought it was quite interesting actually.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

His FK's and corners are a complete waste of an opportunity as they are never delivered where it matters.... it's the equivelant of a postie chucking your post on next door's front lawn for their dog to decimate.

What's worse is against top teams the lesser sides get few opportunities so need to make the most of any fk or corner near the box where they can get numebrs in the box and have a chance to score. His sh1t delivery prevents this, and in fact runs the risk of us getting caught on the counter with our CB's in the other box out of the game while the oppos break with pace.

What i find more annoying than anything though is the fact even though we all know he is useless at them, Harry hasn't put anyone else on them!! Blimey its the fundamental basic of a dead ball delivery, beat the front man... and he never does, it's pathetic. I know for a fact i can deliver better balls into the box than he's been producing, so there must be players in our proffessional starting 11 other than him who could use them a lot better. Sort it our Harry .

Comment

I agree. We joke in the stands how it wont beat the first man and sure enough it rarely does. He did get one right though. Nelson header froma corner at Wigan. Other than that pish poor.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
          I agree. We joke in the stands how it wont beat the first man and sure enough it rarely does. He did get one right though. Nelson header froma corner at Wigan. Other than that pish poor.
          Yeah, one in 20 odd games..... hardly a record to tbe proud of. Also with that goal it would've hit the first man had Nelsen not made a run in front of him... perhaps he knew Taarabt never beats the front man so tried his luck and got it spot on. Just a thought.

Comment

Should never take another corner or a free kick unless it is right on the 16 yard line

Comment

To be fair to him, his corners have improved, he started floating some in and put about 4 good ones against Villa and then against West Brom too. The problem was, they have gone back to being awful. Same with his freekicks, he realised it and even put his hands up.

I think Harry should also put a ban on him from shooting from 35 yards, because he must have had 20 of those this season, and not one has created anything.

Comment

Steve Cotterill was writing lots of stuff into his little book after he witnessed Adel's poor free kicks, hope we are going to work on that cause we got the lowest impact with dead balls in the league it seems.
                From Holland with love

Comment

Adel has a real problem striking the ball. I know he has scored some crackers over the last couple of seasons, but the vast majority of times he miss hits the ball when striking it.

Any stats guy know how many goals we've scored from set plays? I would guess the lowest in the PL? Purely down to his poor delivery. Need to get someone else on them or he needs to spend hours in training practicing rather than trying nutmegs.
                  :drunk:

Comment

His free-kicks are absolutely shocking. It does make you wonder if he actually ever practises them.

My theory on it is that he's one of those players who plays purely on instinct and his best play is always off the cuff when there's no time for left-side brain (analytic thought, logic, rationality etc) to engage e.g. a dead ball situation.

Comment

His free kicks were poor and maybe someone else should start taking them but i still love the guy, he ran his heart out yesterday and still shows at times that bit of class which we lack elsewhere. Redknapp has us drilled so well at the minute in stiffling teams that Adel is a decent outlet. Yes he does need to work on things, a lot of things but he is still a major asset to us.

Comment

Originally posted by classicFM View Post
                        Should never take another corner or a free kick unless it is right on the 16 yard line
                        Where's the 16 yard line?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          His free-kicks are absolutely shocking. It does make you wonder if he actually ever practises them.

My theory on it is that he's one of those players who plays purely on instinct and his best play is always off the cuff when there's no time for left-side brain (analytic thought, logic, rationality etc) to engage e.g. a dead ball situation.
                          You might be right. It is actually scientific proven that when some people start thinking about something, they start to perform poorer. It is like when drivers start thinking about how they are driving, instead of doing it naturally, their driving tends to get poorer because the part of their brain that does it instinctively is now being distracted by the part that is thinking.

So, yes, he might be a player who plays best when it comes to split-second instinct, and when he has to start thinking about something, then it distracts.

Comment

Just watching some of Gerrard's deliveries. Always dangerous looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                              Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                              You might be right. It is actually scientific proven that when some people start thinking about something, they start to perform poorer. It is like when drivers start thinking about how they are driving, instead of doing it naturally, their driving tends to get poorer because the part of their brain that does it instinctively is now being distracted by the part that is thinking.

So, yes, he might be a player who plays best when it comes to split-second instinct, and when he has to start thinking about something, then it distracts.
                              Indeed.

Comment

Saw his corner against WBA last week that curled straight out of play and hit the side netting at the near post. Nearly died laughing, it was so poor. Surely, he'd be better utilised standing on the edge of the penalty area when someone else takes a corner? Has the ability to shoot from there or take someone on and win a penalty?

Comment

Working...
                                X