No subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
    I think HR was frightened of making a sub for a striker and then conceding a goal with no points.

The game plan went really well for us, HR got it spot on but what you have to remember is that Spurs are a top team with lots of goals in them, our job was to contain them and hope for a break and too be fair we did have a few chances but SWP couldn't convert them.

No subs was the right choice for me as we got a point.
    My thoughts exactly, harry got it right, a point and clean sheet was more than enough today. A couple of decent signings we will be ok.

Comment

Am i the only one in thinking park did a job today? not spectacular but a job nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
        Am i the only one in thinking park did a job today? not spectacular but a job nonetheless.
        Agreed.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
          Not at all. Park was effective today. Did a good job as did all three CMs. Not MOM but did the simple things well: tackled, broke up play, passed it to a hooped shirt and rarely conceded possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            Not at all. Park was effective today. Did a good job as did all three CMs. Not MOM but did the simple things well: tackled, broke up play, passed it to a hooped shirt and rarely conceded possession.
            I thought he spent most of the time just marking space - but it's all about opinions!
            As for the OP: I think HR set out not to lose and he probably felt any changes would have jeopardised that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Think Harry doesn't rate the players on the bench (bar Faurlin), so was loathe to put any if them on.
              And it's more than likely that you're wrong, and it was more to do with a performance that was going to plan, and the risk involved in changing the team dynamic.

I'm pretty sure the players did exactly what they were asked today, in terms of tactics and work-rate.

The percentage call was to let the team that was doing it's job finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Agree with that. Really surprised that any player has been singled out for special criticism tbf. All played their part today.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  fair enough, keep it v tight and don't go for the win, but cd faurlin really have done any worse than park? what was there at any point in park's performance that harry thought was worth keeping him on for?
                  Because faurlin has also been poor this season. Why change when our tactics working ?

Comment

We got a point against a brilliant side. Harry got it right for me
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

How anyone can suggest HR got it wrong with the tactics are as clueless as those saying Park was sh..e. Unbelieveable stupidity from the typical idiots who use this forum.

Comment

Can you imagine the **** Harry would have taken if he had subbed a midfielder for a striker in the last ten minutes and then conceded?

Get real, the target for the rest of the season is to grind out points, nicking a win where we can ( come on Chelsea was hard work for 78 minutes)

It ain't going to be pretty but it might just get us out of the ****.

Comment

It is difficult as when your holding a team like spurs you don't want to stop the momentum,if HR had made a change and we had of conceded because we were pushing forward and they broke on us people would be saying why did he change it. 4 out of 6 points against 2 of the top 4 sides is great and we may look back on this past week and say that was where we kept ourselves alive this season coz without it we would be 9 adrift

Comment

I was trying to work out who he should change with 10 to go, Mackie and SWP offer a defensive side to the team, which the players on the bench don't. Park has got a lot of stick today but thought he did well( first full game for us). I think we know if you change something it might give you the edge to win....but could disrupt your team.
                            Tottenham are very rarely held to a clean sheet, and we had some very good chances. Great point

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                              how anyone can suggest hr got it wrong with the tactics are as clueless as those saying park was sh..e. Unbelieveable stupidity from the typical idiots who use this forum.
                              hear hear .

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                                How anyone can suggest HR got it wrong with the tactics are as clueless as those saying Park was sh..e. Unbelieveable stupidity from the typical idiots who use this forum.
                                I blame the media myself. So much tripe gets talked non stop that it is no wonder some have trouble sorting the tiny amount of wheat from the mountain of chaff.

Proving CFC was no flash in the pan was by far the biggest deal yesterday and the team and performance was spot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X