No subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No subs

My only negative with the tactics used today, was no subs, thought maybe with 10 mins to go we could have hauled Park off and brought on DJ or Cissie and maybe tried to push for three points.....

harry got it wrong today
    goals win games..that means forwards...why recall dj just to damage the touchline grass!!?
    park was very very poor...he's here to sell shirts
    m'bia..can't stand up....people slagged of leigertwood but he scored a few.

Comment

just delighted with the point, watching on Sky thought to a man we were superb, always bow to someone who actually went to the game, saying that, my brother and a mate who went have a different opinion on Parks performance, I suppose tha'ts why we love the game so much
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Think that's all he got wrong to be fair, given pre-jan we were contemplating zero points from this month, to now have four is amazing, pity about other results, but yeah, i thought with 20-10 mins left we should have chucked on DJ or Djibril, not much else on the bench i would have introduced though. Park is terrible, he runs, but several times he followed the runner but just didn't get close enough to close down the play.

M'Bia is more like a central defender or at least defensive midfielder, he breaks up the play well, but looks like Bambi when going forward and his dive when Lloris came out of goal was terrible, overall Im happy with a point, all things considered, had we lost to Chelsea my feelings would be different.

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
        harry got it wrong today
        goals win games..that means forwards...why recall dj just to damage the touchline grass!!?

Comment

I think HR was frightened of making a sub for a striker and then conceding a goal with no points.

The game plan went really well for us, HR got it spot on but what you have to remember is that Spurs are a top team with lots of goals in them, our job was to contain them and hope for a break and too be fair we did have a few chances but SWP couldn't convert them.

No subs was the right choice for me as we got a point.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
            harry got it wrong today
            Got it wrong he played it safe everybody played their part which resulted in a draw. Which Harry wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
              I think HR was frightened of making a sub for a striker and then conceding a goal with no points.

The game plan went really well for us, HR got it spot on but what you have to remember is that Spurs are a top team with lots of goals in them, our job was to contain them and hope for a break and too be fair we did have a few chances but SWP couldn't convert them.

No subs was the right choice for me as we got a point.
              100% agree....no subs was the best for the team and to avoid a defeat - any sub would have changed the team dynamic of a very solid defensive display today....imo of course....don't pretend to be an expert - will leave that to the professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                100% agree....no subs was the best for the team and to avoid a defeat - any sub would have changed the team dynamic of a very solid defensive display today....imo of course....don't pretend to be an expert - will leave that to the professionals.
                Yeah, i see the point, just think that not much would have changed had we removed Park and give Taarabt a bit more support up front.

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                  Got it wrong he played it safe everybody played their part which resulted in a draw. Which Harry wanted.
                  had the Liverpool game in the back of his mind, superb from Harry
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Think Harry doesn't rate the players on the bench (bar Faurlin), so was loathe to put any if them on.

Comment

Some games you have to play as we did today.Harry was right to leave it as it was today for the following reasons imo ...Why throw away 80 mins of hard work,............For the sake of team confidence a late defeat would've knocked that.......happy with a point v spurs

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Some games you have to play as we did today.Harry was right to leave it as it was today for the following reasons imo ...Why throw away 80 mins of hard work,............For the sake of team confidence a late defeat would've knocked that.......happy with a point v spurs
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

fair enough, keep it v tight and don't go for the win, but cd faurlin really have done any worse than park? what was there at any point in park's performance that harry thought was worth keeping him on for?

Comment

Yeah Park was a bit lost in there today, and chasing shadows most of the time, don't suppose Ale would have done any harm

Comment

Same game plan as Chelsea, but Lennon and Bale and Dembele had to be closely marked, and we didn't allow them or the others any space to play their football. I think bringing on DJ for Derry and moving him up front etc. would have made us less defensive and Spurs who are scoring goals for fun at the moment would have taken advantage of that. Taarabt up top was holding up the ball and slowing down play (even more!) towards the end because we were playing for the point, even when the other midfielders were in posession they kept the ball, and stayed tight on the Spurs players. I think Harry was right not to change anything, otherwise Spurs would have punished us.
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                              X