Park was utter rubbish today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    I voted him one of the MOMs. He harried and broke up their interplay fantastically, never stopped running and provided defensive cover at every one of their attacks. Top performance.
    Honest question - is this sarcasm? He was never closer than 2mtrs to any player at any time

Comment

I voted him one of the MOMs. He harried and broke up their interplay fantastically, never stopped running and provided defensive cover at every one of their attacks. Top performance.
      Exactly done his job. People want faurlin who has been poor practically all season , scored a own goal and ducked to allow a shot which then went in.

Comment

F.mk me some on here are stupid. To single out Park when he ran his nuts off just like Mackie does, yet Mackie is seen as a God is beyond belief.

Comment

What vital tackles? Occasionally put his foot in when a Spurs player misplayed the ball, but he never got stuck in or made a tackle like Derry, Mbia, Mackie or SWP. Not once. He only broke up play by being a body in the field. A terrible performance from an truly awful player. His passes, such as they were, were never longer than four feet.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
            Honest question - is this sarcasm? He was never closer than 2mtrs to any player at any time
            But it worked him and fabio kept bale and lennon quite whilst Nedum and M'bia done the same along side Derry protecting the center . People seem to forget that our goal today in Harry's point of view was to be defensive and play for a draw we did this perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
              I can't understand anyone thinking Park was any way decent today, I really, really can't.

Comment

His ducking out of tackles is the worse thing tho..scared after his injury? or just not all that bothered. Need to get him off the wage bill. Brentford need some marketing opportunities in Asia? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                  He played that bad Harry didn't sub him. His job was to be a nuisance and close down opposition which he did. So he done his job well as we got a point which Harry was looking for.
                  Quoting myself would like to see a answer back to this

Comment

And gave them the ball at least 5 times as well as slowing almost every attack down by stopping and passing backwards? Derry broke up more than Park and provided the same cover so, IMO, he had more of a shout for MOTM than park.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

The cynics will suggest he was brought in for marketing purposes by TF and perhaps there could be a bit of truth to that but he was a fairly well rated player at Man Utd, we haven't really seen it here for whatever reason but I won't for a minute believe Harry would take a job where he was under pressure from the owner to play a player for marketing purposes!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                        Quoting myself would like to see a answer back to this
                        Harry didnt sub any players tho even tho some of them looked exhausted. Didnt want to upset balance of the game i reckon. Worked out ok anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Also, why the fark does e fall over all the time! Does e now wear studs?!
                          Couldn't agree more thought he was awful, really poor touch gave the ball away far too much. with regard to people slipping over Park, M'bia, SWP always slipping? years ago if the pitch was sticky or soft players used to use longer studs, but because they all wear these blades you
                          ,cant put longer studs into please go and get some proper boots guys?

Comment

You are joking? He was abysmal today. He was miles off the pace of the game. He was always at least 2 yards away from Sandro/Parker and Dembele. He got turned countless times because he was 2 yards away and had to commit himself. They were walking past him for fun. It looked like he harried but he was just getting to where he should have been in the first place. He also bottled a lot of tackles at least 4 or 5 which he should have won. He was honestly useless today and nothing else Everyone around me had the same opinion. Highlighted by ( You had to be at the game to see this ) Mbia and Derry going absolutely mad at him for most of the second half for not being close enough to his man and allowing Dembele and Parker too much time.

NFL play offs are on later and tomorrow. You might have better luck with those.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                              Wasn't bad today, wasn't amazing either though. Done well in the centre of midfield making some vital tackles and some nice passes. Got the job done.
                              This is absolutely fair. No complaints today.

And who gives a flying **** if he's winning an online MOTM poll? I seem to recall Shaun Pollock being voted most influential person of the first 2000 years AD some years back......

Comment

He divides opinions and i don't think he was in any way spectacular, but being realistic, you can't have a defensive performance like that against a currently very well oiled machine like Spurs if you're carrying passengers. Defending and breaking up attacks is not all about flying in with challenges. By being in the right place at the right time, or forcing players into areas you're comfortable we can deal with them is as equally important.

He didn't look anywhere near 100% fit to me, but he will only get that with gametime so as always a viscious circle, but make no mistake he did a sound job for the team today.

Comment

Working...
                                X