Harry's Selection Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry's Selection Meeting

His initial starting point has to be how to stop Bale and Lennon. Given that they both have pace to burn and like to run with the ball, Rangers will need hard working wide midfielders, therefore I fully expect Mackie on the right and SWP on the left. Mackie and SWP are pretty much like for like size wise with their opposite numbers and that will also support their selection.

Cesar is the only choice as keeper, as are Hill, Nelson and Onuhua as defenders. Given the pace of Lennon I expect to see Fabio start on the left, Traore gets caught out in possession and out of position far too often and Fabio and SWP will keep things slightly tighter. Have some money on Fabio to be booked though for a foul on Lennon.

As for midfield, I fully expect to see the Chelsea trio of Mbia, Derry and Granero. Personally I would prefer Faurlin in for Derry, but Harry seems to like the 'bite' of Derry and I think he feels that Faurlin and Granero are too similar. Spurs have a strong base in centre midfield with Dembele, Sandro and probably Dempsey pushing on. Derry vs Dempsey could be a pivotal point in the game as Derry is not mobile and I'm sure Dempsey will outmanoevre him. Sandro will pick up Granero and Mbia will have ti try and deal with Dembele. Fully expect Mbia to be booked as well.

As for up front I think Adel will be up there again on his own. To be honest its probably the best place for him as he can be a liability in his own half and possess zero defensive skills. Luckily he more than makes up for his defensive deficiencies by being our most dangerous player. I think he will have a good game today against his old club.

Match Predictions.
    Two massive concerns for the Rangers. Bale and Defoe. I just cannot see how we will cope against them. Mackie is an attacking player at heart and does not possess great defensive skills and Onuhoa is pretty ordinary so fully expect Bale to consistently get in behind them on the left hand side. Hill really struggles against nimble, pacy forwards (think Suarez) and generally doesn't want to get tight to them in case they turn him and roast him for speed. The issue with Defoe is that he possesses a great long shot so with Hill given him space I can see Defoe turning and scoring from outside the box. Also Defoe's movement will be too much for Hill. At the other end I can see Adel causing some problems, but I cannot see any of our other players getting high enough up the pitch to support him. So our best chance of scoring will be froma set play (despite Adel's inability to strike/cross a ball properly). If Spurs score first its game over as they will hugely exploit us on the counter attack if we have to go for it. Our only real hope of getting something out of the game is by scoring first and defending for our lives.

My prediction is another 3-0 defeat with Bale, Defoe and Dempsey scoring. Fabio, Mbia and Derry to be booked.

Remember you heard it here first.......really set myself up for a hammering now!!
    :drunk:

Counter-attacks are what undone us at their place but I'm sure Harry will have some plan to deal with that. They are some threat tho. If we don't concede early, let's get at their players with plenty of stick. When Harry was talking about everyone being in this together, he mentioned us as well.
    Last edited by Olly; 12-01-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Hopefully LR will be buzzing following Chelsea game....can't see it myself though 12.45 usually a bit flat

Comment

Kingy10 for manager?

Picked the exact team

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
          Kingy10 for manager?

Picked the exact team
          Granero?

Comment

Injured in warm up i'm told....

HOw bad are Adel's set plays.....

Comment

Good prediction........

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                Good prediction........
                AGREE

His initial starting point has to be how to stop Bale and Lennon. Given that they both have pace to burn and like to run with the ball, Rangers will need hard working wide midfielders, therefore I fully expect Mackie on the right and SWP on the left. Mackie and SWP are pretty much like for like size wise with their opposite numbers and that will also support their selection.

Cesar is the only choice as keeper, as are Hill, Nelson and Onuhua as defenders. Given the pace of Lennon I expect to see Fabio start on the left, Traore gets caught out in possession and out of position far too often and Fabio and SWP will keep things slightly tighter. Have some money on Fabio to be booked though for a foul on Lennon.

Comment

Well done! Was referring to the result, but you know that really!
                  Good c&p btw! Plagerism at its best!!

Comment

Working...
                  X