Arry's early transfer business claim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arry's early transfer business claim?

Half the transfer window gone and still no one, I thought Arry said we'd be doing business early on.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Shows what we're up against with regards to our precarious position when trying to sign players.

Worrying.

Comment

Probably intended to but it's as easy as picking who ya want and signing em.Players & their agents always hold off until the last time, probably hoping to secure a better deal elsewhere or negotiate higher wages. Especially for us, I mean we're hardly an attractive proposition for a player so anybody we are after is probably thinking "sod that - let's try find somebody else adn if I can't then QPR will have to do"....
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Indirectly hit the nail on the head there Matty. Why aren't we after players that WANT to play for qpr

Comment

Very true Matty, can't be easy for Arry at the mo. I'd have 2nd thoughts if I were already a prem player and was being offered a job at a club where we are, which is prob why he's looking abroad.
          Don't want a prem player on his last legs coming here just for the money either, we've seen what happens with those types (got enough already MH saw to that).
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by pblockranger View Post
            Indirectly hit the nail on the head there Matty. Why aren't we after players that WANT to play for qpr
            They're all probably working on building sites at the moment and have their semi-pro game tomorrow
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Harry always left it late in the windows at his previous clubs. I guess there's a lot going on behind the scenes and any that may come to us will be later rather than sooner. Clubs need to have replacements ready for those that they loose, especially those clubs that have limited resourses.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Could be too late by end of January.
                http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Ben haim

Comment

HR did state before the window that he would only sign the players he thought was right to improve the squad. At least he hasn't panic bought.

Also he has to sell before he can buy to balance the books.

Comment

There is an article about this in one of the papers today I think. Says his list of top targets - about half a dozen - have all turned us down, which seems supported by reports from elsewhere. Says this is why he has brought in the scout from Spurs. He's now ripped up his original list and looking for more realistic options. To the poster who says "why doesn't he sign players that want to play for QPR?" I would love to know who these are, because Harry certainly can't find them. All I would say is think we have to be very clear on our strategy. By all means go for really good, established Prem players - but if none of them are interested then better to buy smaller named, up and coming players who will want to stick with us next season, almost certainly in the Champ. The Richard Dunnes of this world are the worst kind of signings imho - just another clapped out, injury ravaged has been on big wage.

Comment

Working...
                      X