Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    Gator, are you really from Toronto? I visited it once and it's a very beautiful city and Canada is a lovely country. It was wintertime and I even watched a hockey game Maple Leafs v. Washington. I usually don't like hockey, but I recon Ovetskin and Lundin were fabulous. Only Canadian beer was poor.
    Yes, as Fraggy says I don't live too far from Toronto, I live in a place called Stoney Creek which is actually part of Hamilton now, I'm about a 45 minute drive from Toronto depending on traffic! As for beer, Molsons Export is a full bodied ale you might want to try next time, there are also many good quality micro brews available, in saying that I tend to stick with Guinness! Come back over and visit during MLS season and we'll hook you up to see Nelson's Toronto FC in the Supporters Section!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

shouldnt canada stick to ice hockey n mounties!!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        shouldnt canada stick to ice hockey n mounties!!
        Don't forget curling, we excel at that!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
          Yes, as Fraggy says I don't live too far from Toronto, I live in a place called Stoney Creek which is actually part of Hamilton now, I'm about a 45 minute drive from Toronto depending on traffic! As for beer, Molsons Export is a full bodied ale you might want to try next time, there are also many good quality micro brews available, in saying that I tend to stick with Guinness! Come back over and visit during MLS season and we'll hook you up to see Nelson's Toronto FC in the Supporters Section!
          Ok Gator, never tasted ale there! ...And MLS season is from March (must be cold, was freezing in February) to...?

Comment

March to October! We play our opening home fixture in early March indoors at the Rogers Center then the rest are at BMO Field which is a 22,000 seat stadium right on the waterfront, it's a great place to watch a game in the summer months! Our local derby is in Montreal which is about a 7 hour drive, we hope to bring up to 5000 away fans there in March!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Timmy, you are right about the light beer tasting great in summer; we don't have Offys over here, but have giant Beer Stores with walk in fridges filled from the floor to the ceiling with cases of beer.

Gator is correct about the micro breweries; good idea to message one of us if you ever plan on returning & let us know where you will be visiting so we can point you in the right direction.

The football season in Toronto, does start at the end of winter & is a tad on the cold side, but Canadian summers are friggin hot - & Facto, believe it or not lacrosse is Canada's national sport - go figure huh!
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

March to October! We play our opening home fixture in early March indoors at the Rogers Center then the rest are at BMO Field which is a 22,000 seat stadium right on the waterfront, it's a great place to watch a game in the summer months! Our local derby is in Montreal which is about a 7 hour drive, we hope to bring up to 5000 away fans there in March!
                will it kick of with the lunatic lumberjack crew??
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

You have a small pond there - Lake Ontario. If I'll visit Toronto again it must be summertime.

Comment

LOL, the only real wannabe hoolis are Columbus Crew as they watched far too much GSH; that being said, it only took 50 spam fans (mainly families on holiday) to humiliate over 200 of them..
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

You have a small pond there - Lake Ontario. If I'll visit Toronto again it must be summertime.
                      Theres a few 'small ponds' I think they're called something like great lakes or something

If your looking for water activities in the summer, head in my direction (although Gator will probably try to convience you that the facilities down his way are far superior), 90 mins north of Toronto is Georgian Bay which is an inlet from Lake Huron, which has one of the largest fresh water beaches in The World, great boating, swimming etc & not too expensive.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Fraggy, if I remember right, I didn't find any beer from the shops or kiosks. I guess those huge beer stores are not under street level?

Comment

Fraggy, if I remember right, I didn't find any beer from the shops or kiosks. I guess those huge beer stores are not under street level?
                          Beer stores for beer, LCBO's for everything else - I live in quite a small town that is covered in beer stores & coffee drive thrus - But I think it is a requirement up here as the reservations don't like to drive too far to get their hooch.
                          I just noticed that the beer store also offers home deliveries - no wonder so many Brits are moving over here :pleasantsuprise:

Here's their website - it has a location finder & lists all the beer they sell - I did manage to get a special order in of Cobra lager last Christmas, but it took over a week to arrive.

http://www.thebeerstore.ca/
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                            LOL, the only real wannabe hoolis are Columbus Crew as they watched far too much GSH; that being said, it only took 50 spam fans (mainly families on holiday) to humiliate over 200 of them..
                            I'm not sure if you were over here when in the second year of TFC we brought over 3000 down to Columbus, it was ugly with tear gas, tasers and helicopters involved, we're not welcomed back!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

I'm not sure if you were over here when in the second year of TFC we brought over 3000 down to Columbus, it was ugly with tear gas, tasers and helicopters involved, we're not welcomed back!
                              Must of been before my time, just know that the so call mob down there are big heros when it's 200+ of them against a handful of away fans; I guess other than TFC & spam in pre-season friendlies, they don't get much competetion in the way of away fan following.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

You would be surprised Facto at the rivalry with the Montreal Impact, it's English vs French with full segregation in the Olympic Stadium!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X