Latest From Toronto-Good News !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest From Toronto-Good News !

Cold day here but looks like some news to warm me up. My local team are reporting that while Ryan
    Nelson had signed a long term contract he will be staying at Rangers for a couple of months at least. The season starts here in March and the club are prepared to wait. So it may well be that Nelson will at least be available while Harry looks for replacements. This was announced at the club press conference this morning. Hopefully he will be back and available for Saturday. Just passing on the info I have.

Well, great! Just a little confused.

Comment

Good news.........

Comment

Should he still be in the 25?

It's great news still.

Comment

End of Jan makes sense but not after that

Comment

Not sure. If he retires can the club bring in somebody else?

Comment

Doubt it

Comment

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football...ent_62982.html

It sounds like the club might be insisting he stays until the end of the season.

Comment

I was hoping the first post in this thread said "its burnt down"

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post
                    Cold day here but looks like some news to warm me up. My local team are reporting that while Ryan
                    Nelson had signed a long term contract he will be staying at Rangers for a couple of months at least. The season starts here in March and the club are prepared to wait. So it may well be that Nelson will at least be available while Harry looks for replacements. This was announced at the club press conference this morning. Hopefully he will be back and available for Saturday. Just passing on the info I have.
                    Are you feel real?
                    Unless you are north of Sudbury or North Bay, the weather in Ontario at the moment is sublime - at lease 2 degrees above normal - shorts and Birkenstock weather :boo:

I doubt Nelsen will be in the 25, as that would leave us a player short for the last 2 months of the season if he decided to stay with us until The MLS started - At least we still will have him available for the spuds game on Saturday.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

BBC pundit on Twitter says that QPR have told Toronto we want Nelsen until the end of season where as they have asked for him from March. If it was March we get two more months out of him which is great but from his perspective cant be great going into management without a build up with your new team.

In summary the whole thing appears a right old mess. Its not often I promote playing johnny big b ollocks but were a premier league side battling to hold onto plus £100mil think we need to use our clout and get what we want. I wish Nelsen a successful career once he has left us but if im selfish my priority is QPR not Toronto and Rangers, Beard, Harry and Tony stick to your guns and get the best deal for Rangers

Comment

Had forgotten about the 25 nonsense. I guess if we get a quality replacement no need to include. However it is going to be hard attracting quality in our position. So if no replacement by the end of the month and he's willing to stay on a while longer, maybe include him ? What are the alternatives. Please don't answer that !

Comment

Now when he's back, I have to say he's not really that good I earlier wrote.

Comment

What's the point in making him stay when he doesn't want to? He'll end up playing like Anton!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              Are you feel real?
                              Unless you are north of Sudbury or North Bay, the weather in Ontario at the moment is sublime - at lease 2 degrees above normal - shorts and Birkenstock weather :boo:

I doubt Nelsen will be in the 25, as that would leave us a player short for the last 2 months of the season if he decided to stay with us until The MLS started - At least we still will have him available for the spuds game on Saturday.
                              If he was named in the 25 but then retired he could be replaced in the 25 with a player who is not contracted to another team

Comment

Working...
                              X