No announcement yet.

nelson out of order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's hoping he stays on to play against Spurs and maybe even until the end of January in order to help the team until a replacement is signed.

Obviously he needs to be at his new club to prepare for thye MLS season, so can't hang around much longer than perhaps after the Man City match.

Comment

I really don't get why people are so understanding of Nelsens situation here...........As it states on the official website, he is under contract until June 30th 2013, although it then goes onto say he wishes to discuss this with Harry.............he should be honouring that contract and then moving on to his new venture. When he signed the contract it didn't say unless a better offer comes along etc etc, he signed it until June 30th 2013, i know he will give 100% until he does leave but this should and could have waited until May, he is letting the club and its fans down by moving sooner but hey thats footballers these days !

Comment

I think the club may get him to stay until May. If he leaves it appears he will have to retire which means he won't be able to be player/manager for Toronto and more importantly he won't be able to play for New Zealand. He has said several times that he hopes to play for New Zealand to help them qualify for the world cup in 2014.

Comment

Seems to me, that Ryan Nelsen has taken the first opportunity he could, to leave what he may percieve as being a sinking ship.
          If, by some miracle, I make Saturday's ludicrous kick-off time, I won't jar the guy, but he will get no bloody good send-off from me, either.
          End of season, that's the time to go, not now when there is a job still to be done.
          Footballers today, really **** me off no end, they really do.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny_hoop View Post
            Nelsen says he hasn't retired : "I have some obligations at QPR."
            "If he just walked away from QPR I would be shocked. That's not Ryan Nelsen."- Payne. Folks, he's not coming till they are safe or May 19th.
            Excuse my stupidity, but who's Payne?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Kevin Payne is the general manager of Toronto. He came from DC where he built up a relationship with Nelsen when he played there and was Captain. He is the main reason Nelsen was considered for the position at Toronto.

Comment

The CEO of Toronto Football Club Matty

Comment

Oh right cheers
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I guess as far as QPR is concerned he is a "right payne".

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      I really don't get why people are so understanding of Nelsens situation here...........As it states on the official website, he is under contract until June 30th 2013, although it then goes onto say he wishes to discuss this with Harry.............he should be honouring that contract and then moving on to his new venture. When he signed the contract it didn't say unless a better offer comes along etc etc, he signed it until June 30th 2013, i know he will give 100% until he does leave but this should and could have waited until May, he is letting the club and its fans down by moving sooner but hey thats footballers these days !
                      We should play hard with Nelsen and show we are not interested in players post career chances. Maybe that will ease our possibilities to attract new players.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Have you not kept an eye on how football works since the Bosman Rule? Contracts are worthless in terms of keeping anyone anywhere. He will go if he wants, and as he isn't going to play for another club and he is moving out of the EU and is not British - his contract is literally worthless in terms of stopping him.
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Just a shame Bosingwa isnt looking to go and manage in the US

Lot of respect for Nelsen - will definitely get a great send off on Saturday

Comment

I don't understand why Nelsen is getting such an easy ride, if it was the usual crowd of bobby or Bos, we would all be up in arms, stating breach of contract and enforcement in the High Court, let's freeze his assets. Saying that my gut feeling is the club aren't playing hardball, so in essence he's leaving with the clubs goodwill and on that point the club rather than player might be at fault.

If however he had put the club in a difficult position and simply said I'm off, then I have little sympathy. I note some have said he's 4 th choice, he's old, his bones need a rest. Hes a 35 year old professional footballer earning at least £10k a week to do a job most here would do for free until they passed away. He's a sportsman, not some geriatric donkey working the mines with only one leg.

At a conservative estimate he's probably on 500k for the year, and probably more considering it was done under MH and as it was short term. A salary over 3x that of the PM, I haven't seen David say sod this I'm off to Vancouver to run the local farmers market.

Our club is close to relegation and then maybe administration and we are suppose to say cheerio old chap, enjoy your dream job in Canada even though your from NZ.

Hes played well but that isn't saying much considering who he's playing with, he's not been here for 10 years, worked his socks off, become a legend, played with the backdrop of wages not being paid and then decided to return home like a hero to manage his childhood club for a once in a lifetime opportunity.

As I said its all strange I don't understand why he's been let go and he may be completely blameless but it's hard to take considering where we are and where without him we are likely to be going unless Arry has a brilliant replacement or two in waiting.
                            Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 08-01-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

So no one has ever changed their job then? He didn't cost us a penny, we don't lose money, hasn't left us for another and he did a grand job for us while he was here. i think it would be unfair of the club to block a move into management if he has the opportunity and that what he wants to do in his long-term career.

What's out of order is not being able to spell his name right after 6 months at the club.

Comment

chuffing liberty if you ask me...comes here when no one would touch him with a maoris nose bone...uses us then waltzes off into the sunset.........hope he breaks his leg saturday n its career over the colonial ex convict ancestor galllah!
                                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X