• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
    e tu brute springs to mind!!!!
    It certainly does, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
      I, like others on here by the sounds of it, will be giving him a fantastic reception if this proves to be his last game.

Wh should he be QPR through and through? He's been with us less than a season but what he has shown he is is he gives his all in every game.

A managerial role for an ageing defender is a terrific opportunity and a step up

Put it in your day to day context, because after all football is their job, like ours:
      You work at a company, love the place, met some good people and enjoying the challenge. You can't be doing this role in a year is so as your getting on a bit but nonetheless you're giving it a good go.
      Now one day the phone rings, a recruiter offers you a job that is a step up, is more your scene as you're a bit older and can't be kicking it in the office with the young kids much longer.

Would you tell me you would not consider that job offer?
      B-B-BUT YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR A YEAR AND THE COMPANY IS GOING UNDER (never mind that it's thanks to your co-workers who are on five times your wage)

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
        B-B-BUT YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT FOR A YEAR AND THE COMPANY IS GOING UNDER (never mind that it's thanks to your co-workers who are on five times your wage)
        In all fairness if the company is going under then I'll jump ship. I've only been there a few months and I need to make sure I have an income come the summer. This is a promotion, and I'd jump ship.

Comment

gutted hes going, its players like him we need. worked his socks off the whole time, good luck Nelson

Comment

The thing that distinguishes a mercenary is that he is only interested in the money. I think Nelsen's performances and commitment put that suggestion to rest.

Looks as though he has every intention of fulfilling his obligation and will be here just as long as we need him. Top man!
            Last edited by dsqpr; 09-01-2013, 01:21 AM.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I, like others on here by the sounds of it, will be giving him a fantastic reception if this proves to be his last game.

Wh should he be QPR through and through? He's been with us less than a season but what he has shown he is is he gives his all in every game.

A managerial role for an ageing defender is a terrific opportunity and a step up

Put it in your day to day context, because after all football is their job, like ours:
              You work at a company, love the place, met some good people and enjoying the challenge. You can't be doing this role in a year is so as your getting on a bit but nonetheless you're giving it a good go.
              Now one day the phone rings, a recruiter offers you a job that is a step up, is more your scene as you're a bit older and can't be kicking it in the office with the young kids much longer.

Would you tell me you would not consider that job offer?
              Too much common sense for some on here. Good post mate.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

This is a promotion, and I'd jump ship.
                Naturally, Nelsen doesn't owe us or the club anything.

On the upside, at least I'll no longer see his name misspelled nine times out of ten on this board, sending my OCD into overdrive.
                Last edited by Felt; 09-01-2013, 02:59 AM.

Comment

yep he's tried to betray your club but clap away if it suits you...

Comment

Naturally, Nelsen doesn't owe us or the club anything.
                    He signed a contract. That means he owes us something for the duration of the contract, and vice versa. Nice to see that he seems to recognize that and is willing to meet his commitment.

On the upside, at least I'll no longer see his name mispelled nine times out of ten on this board, sending my OCD into overdrive.
                    Guilty, but corrected now!
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      yep he's tried to betray your club but clap away if it suits you...
                      Is this a joke post stainrod??? You normally don't talk nonsence, but this is just ridiculous.

How many footballers see out their contracts? Almost none. Most just use them to get more money. How many clubs honour their conracts with their managers? Not many. In football contracts don't mean a great deal.

And when a fabulous offer, which this is, comes along, why would someone from another country, who has no real loyalty to us throw it away?

Contracts mean nothing in football other than how much money you can get - why should he be be given such a hard time when this is the norm? As for betrayal - absoulte nonsence - he has given his all and wants to move on.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Tal Ben Haim video interview sings Nelsens praises
                        http://www.skysports.com/video/inlin...386065,00.html

Comment

Working...
                        X