No announcement yet.

Defence now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sebastian Coates from Liverpool - 22 years - has only played 3 matches - get him on loan

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
      Sebastian Coates from Liverpool - 22 years - has only played 3 matches - get him on loan
      Good shout.

Not sure they would loan him out though.

Comment

Think this illustrates what annoyed me about Hughes. He signed two high profile keepers when we only needed one as already had cover. He signed around 3,000 midfielders but left us woefully short in defence and attack. There is no way Nelson and Hill should be playing week in week out at their age. Having just 3 strikers in the 25 was a recipe for disaster. Couple of injuries, off form, seemingly unmotivated Cisse and we have nobody who can score. I appreciate you can't get everyone you are after which plays a bit of a part but if he had spent more time on defence and attack and a little less on midfield we would have a better balanced squad and more points. He's left poor old 'Arry with a right mare.

I would be tempted to temporarily put Mbia back in defence. Looked rocky in his first couple of games there but started to find his feet prior to switch to midfield.

Comment

I think M'Bia is our best CB - used to play there for Marseilles - why not fur us

On 14 July 2009, Mbia completed his £10.4 million move to Marseille from Rennes, going on to play a vital role in Marseille's victorious Ligue 1 campaign that season, starting off as a defensive midfielder but later making the transition to the role of centre back alongside former Charlton Athletic powerhouse Souleymane Diawara. His redeployment at centre back was a success and he played the rest of the season in this position, where he was considered to be one of the best performers in Didier Deschamps' talented, diverse squad, all the while forming a formidable defensive partnership with Diawara.

Comment

He had a great game at the back against arsenal before being sent off.

Looked bloody good at right back against man utd too.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              He had a great game at the back against arsenal before being sent off.

Looked bloody good at right back against man utd too.
              I agree. He certainly did well at both Arsenal and Man U. Harry's only played him in midfield (and preferred Anton to him at RB.....). He's right sided (isn't he?), so could complement Clint at CB

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                Ferdinand could become good if he ever gets over the Terry saga - Ferdinand was playing regularily in the escape last year.
                Magri is on the bench in todays match - what about Sutherland - is he a CB
                Is Paulo Ferreira at our neighbours a CB - one on loan
                Yes he was and QPR conceded 2 against Villa, Bolton, Wolves, & Liverpool, 3 at Sunderland, Blackburn and Man City and 6 at Chelsea. Not really that reliable tbh.

Comment

Working...
                X