No announcement yet.

Dyer gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame that. Looked one of our best players when he did play. Maybe Harry thought too much of a risk to be included in the 25.

Good player though and sorry about his injuries because he'd still be playing at the top level otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      So we keep him on the wage bill while he's injured, and release him after he regains his fitness?
      Thats the Hoopsa for ya!
      Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

Have to say I was surprised by this considering he only has 5 months to go, but like I said perhaps HR wanted to free up some wages.

Comment

Not really sure what point was of him playing on Saturday. Obvious 'Arry not bothered about Cup so may as well have given someone else a game to try and impress. If Young can get match fit then good option at RB so can live without him. However got to admire way he has never given up and kept coming back. That is kind of determination which could have been useful in dressing room on it's own. Most people would have given up before now so fair play to him and good luck. Great attitude, maybe he can get regular games in Championship, fitness allowing.

Comment

Dyer - Good move by the club - occupied 1 spot in the 25 man squad - surely not again
            Nelsen - Good move by the club - Might be the opportunity of his life to manage - a big thank you for him from the club.
            Harry knows what he is doing now TF has to give him some money to fill up the places - and we will see better players than those two

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Can see Arry's angle - lucky to squeeze 5 games out of him a season.

Shame though, especially after his goal the other day. Whenever he did play (albe that not often!) I thought he looked a quality player tbh. I'm sure he will do a job for somebody who is willing to take a gamble on him.

Fair play to him for wanting to play, never gave up wanting to play. Wish him all the best!
              I dont think anyone has doubted his ability, but his fitness record is awful.

I could not see him being named in the January squad (just like last season), so it really does make sense to let him go.

Great to see him get his goal though. Hopefully he will find a new club.

Comment

Fair play to Harry

1. Common sense - we need players in the 25 who can play week in week out (He is injury prone)
                2. Fairly big wages - Take him off the wage Bill
                3. Sign a more realistic and reliable player

Sadly - He isnt a bad player and has done well when played

He obviously knew he was going hence the limited celebration. I feel sorry for him, but a top pro!

Comment

Don't understand why he has gone now. Why didn't they wait until the end of the window and when they had to name their 25?

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                    Don't understand why he has gone now. Why didn't they wait until the end of the window and when they had to name their 25?
                    Gives him a chance to be named in another team's squad presumably? Otherwise he would be left high and dry, at least this way, he may get another chance.

Comment

Few people keep mentioning he was on a high wage I thought it was the opposite. If the intention was to release him I am surprised he got on the pitch against Chelsea and started against WBA

Comment

What I think has happened is that Harry has given him a run out at the weekend and told him to go prove he's worth a place in the squad and as such Dyer has run his heart out. From there Harry has gone to his physio team on the Monday morning and asked how Dyer is after a full 90 minutes and they have told Harry that he's knackered and won't play again for a while. It can't be because he didn't play well as by all accounts he was our best player by a country mile. We also know by experience that Dyer plays once and then we don't see him again for a couple of months.

It all makes perfect sense for me, we can't carry a player in the 25 who is unavailable for selection more than he is available!

Comment

According to ssn earlier KD was in shock that we had activated his release clause, and isn't sure if he will continue trying to get his career back on track

Comment

When will he have his testimonial?

Comment

I think its the injury problems that scare Harry and I don't blame him, he is a player that could player against Spurs and come off injuried out for the season.

The more I think about it I guess it makes sense.

At least Dyer gave us his last late Christmas Present before he left on Saturday.

Comment

Maybe he picked up another injury and is going to call it time?

Comment

Working...
                                X