Faurlin should have played against WBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faurlin should have played against WBA

He's a quality player being wasted on the bench. We should at least have given him a run-out to keep him fresh.

My team for the replay would be:

Green

Dyer
    Nedum
    Ben Haim
    Traore

Park
    Faurlin
    Diakite
    Hoilett

Campbell
    Bothroyd

Is Diakite around or off to ACON?

Comment

Good point, he is off to the ANC, but Mali don't play till the 20th, but I guess they might want him to hook up earlier.

Comment

It's just TheFA cup IMO, Faurlin should start against Tottenham, but Granero seems class in big games, I wouldn't want to pick if I was Redknapp, whoever he picks is wrong
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I don't think Harry is too keen on choosing both Granero and Faurlin in the same match. The only way I can see it happening is if Tarbs goes as the striker again, but I don't see that happening much again either.

I still say Tarbs, Faurlin and Granero should all be starting - they are the only three "quality" players we have.

Comment

Would you also have picked Ale away last year at MKDons?
            I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

When you're struggling, you need to save your best players for the league games. Faurlin is one of our best players, but he has not been featuring lately. Therefore, to give him match-fitness and to keep him "happy" and feeling wanted, I would definitely have chosen him against WBA, and would have dropped Tarbs.

Comment

Faurlins performances have been poor this season

Will have to step up to make the team

Comment

Have to agree with Dale on this.
                  Faurlin has been as poor as any of 'em this season.

Comment

He was good against Spurs, was poor against Hammers because MH got the tactics all wrong and he and Granero were overrun. He hasn't had a good run in the team, that is what I think he needs to bring him back to his potential form.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                      When you're struggling, you need to save your best players for the league games. Faurlin is one of our best players, but he has not been featuring lately. Therefore, to give him match-fitness and to keep him "happy" and feeling wanted, I would definitely have chosen him against WBA, and would have dropped Tarbs.
                      No he is not thats why he isn't a regular

Comment

He could well start tomorrow night.

Ohnoua isn't a centre half though

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          No he is not thats why he isn't a regular
                          Can't argue with that. Can be brilliant on his day, but he can be equally awful other times.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                            He was good against Spurs, was poor against Hammers because MH got the tactics all wrong and he and Granero were overrun. He hasn't had a good run in the team, that is what I think he needs to bring him back to his potential form.
                            Faurlin has had a couple of good games, but he's been quite inconsistent this season. I would also like to say he was good against Tottenham, but can't. He made one huge mistake, which cost us the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              Faurlin has had a couple of good games, but he's been quite inconsistent this season. I would also like to say he was good against Tottenham, but can't. He made one huge mistake, which cost us the game.
                              He also made one huge pass, which created us a goal!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X