Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
    My favourite Bond movie.
    no way.........you only live twice.............bobby zamora wanted to star in the remake 'you only score twice'!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=BUSHRANGER1982;1001208]
      Originally posted by dsqpr View Post

Oh, sorry.
      Just that when you insisted that it should be R's, and not Rs, I thought English might not be your Mother tongue. My mistake.
      No offence taken! I was just curious about your logic. You do understand that R's is quite correct, I assume? Do you think the French speak better English than the English? I hope not!

Just off to put on my red toque and sing Frere Jacques as I wrestle a couple of polar bears on my way home to my igloo!
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        no way.........you only live twice.............bobby zamora wanted to star in the remake 'you only score twice'!
        Nice one, facto.

Comment

• I think it depends on whether Rs (R's) is taken from QPR or an abbreviation of Rangers. If it is an abbreviation of Rangers then it should be R's even though R's is not an official abbreviation. However if it comes from QPR which although it stands for Queens Park Rangers is not an abbreviation because the abbreviated form would be Q.P.R. then it would be Rs.

Comment

• The discussion was on whether R's is incorrect - and I think we are all agreed, it is not incorrect.

I'm not sure about Rs but I have to say that I'm not buying your argument about QPR not being an abbreviation for "Queens Park Rangers"! Yes, the full stops are often removed for brevity in that type of abbreviation, but even so...!
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• ffs no wonder most of you are useless at snooker n darts!

Comment

• [QUOTE=dsqpr;1001227]
                Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                No offence taken! I was just curious about your logic. You do understand that R's is quite correct, I assume? Do you think the French speak better English than the English? I hope not!

Just off to put on my red toque and sing Frere Jacques as I wrestle a couple of polar bears on my way home to my igloo!
                LOL, welcome to my nightmare.
                Don't forget we use dog teams to get to our igloos over here; plus on a long journey, they make for great snacks.

I feel for you dsqpr, I sent one of my staff out to Winnipeg (McGillivray) from mid October to mid November & they said the snow was crazy out there.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• [QUOTE=BUSHRANGER1982;1001195]
                  Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post

Well, you haven't proved me wrong, not once. Perhaps, that's what I mean.
                  Apart from "Am I right, as per, even if I do say so myself" not making sense!

Comment

• I thought the 11,000 at Leeds was far more alarming, agree Ferguson pulling out Utd. to play in the World Club match was the start of the demise of the FA cup, remember in the mid-seventies we took around 10,000 to Coventry in a 5th rd. clash, why should fans bother when the managers play a virtual reserve team
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      I thought the 11,000 at Leeds was far more alarming, agree Ferguson pulling out Utd. to play in the World Club match was the start of the demise of the FA cup, remember in the mid-seventies we took around 10,000 to Coventry in a 5th rd. clash, why should fans bother when the managers play a virtual reserve team
                      Was that the one where we won 3-2 in the replay at LR? Where it was 2-2 in injury time and with extra time looming Stan Bowles curled a 20 yard free kick low around the wall and into the bottom corner right in front of the Loft? Happy Times!

Comment

• [QUOTE=theblackmafia.;1001806]
                        Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post

Apart from "Am I right, as per, even if I do say so myself" not making sense!
                        Oh, dear.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                          Was that the one where we won 3-2 in the replay at LR? Where it was 2-2 in injury time and with extra time looming Stan Bowles curled a 20 yard free kick low around the wall and into the bottom corner right in front of the Loft? Happy Times!
                          one of my all time favourite games, to be fair Coventry were probably the better side on the night, Tommy Hutchinson was running riot. . .then up pops Stan:pleasantsuprise:
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• i remember plymouth taking the loft on a friday night fa cup game!

Comment

Working...
                            X