Adel saying he "refused to go to ACN"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adel saying he "refused to go to ACN"

According to his interview on Player. Doesn't sound like he wasn't picked then...

I'm sure he said that if he was picked that he would go. If he was staying at home then he would be the biggest fan.

I'm glad his staying.

Comment

Finally, Adel throws a constructive strop
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Old news isn't it??

Even the Morocco coach said Adel refused to go......

Comment

Originally posted by RoryTheRanger View Post
          Old news isn't it??

Yes, it is old news, and yes, he was picked, but due to a difference of opinion, Taarabt refused to go (perhaps he wanted assurances that he wasn't going to spend the majority of the time sitting on the bench). In which case, he would be better off staying here and trying to keep QPR in the Premiership.

Comment

Old news isn't it??

Was he quoted as saying that? This is from the horses mouth anyway. Seems like the bust-up happened after he'd been selected.

In his interview Adel clearly implies that he refused to go to the ACN because he wanted to stay and fight for QPR's survival, not due to the fall out with the Moroccan boss. He says that he's done a lot of things for QPR, then said he refused to go to ACN. Whether or not that's the actual reason, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              Was he quoted as saying that? This is from the horses mouth anyway. Seems like the bust-up happened after he'd been selected.

In his interview Adel clearly implies that he refused to go to the ACN because he wanted to stay and fight for QPR's survival, not due to the fall out with the Moroccan boss. He says that he's done a lot of things for QPR, then said he refused to go to ACN. Whether or not that's the actual reason, who knows?
              The Morocco coach was quoted as saying Adel didn't pick up the phone when he called and then received a text from him saying he couldn't go as he had 'personal issues' or something like that. Adel doesn't have a problem with the new Morocco coach as far as I'm aware.

Comment

The Morocco coach was quoted as saying Adel didn't pick up the phone when he called and then received a text from him saying he couldn't go as he had 'personal issues' or something like that. Adel doesn't have a problem with the new Morocco coach as far as I'm aware.
                I see. So going on both their quotes it sounds like Adel has put his club before country.

Comment

Adel may have done that Stanley, but I don't think he will want to make a big deal about it as he made it very clear this was a very hard decision for him. He doesn't want his countrymen to think he let them down, which is totally understandable, especially as he spends time every summer there.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

The manager said adel refused to go due to personal problems.

Comment

The coach also said Adel didn't turn up when he was in London.

Comment

It does not matter as he is here and hopefully he will put some top performances in to save us.

Comment

Or maybe he just wanted to be around to meet up with Barcelona ?

Only joking lads
                          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                          X