No announcement yet.

Danny graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he is def a poacher,and loves the odd hand befor scoring,he deff unhappy as also saw sky bit yday.27 so at least 15 years out of him at ours.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
      I'm not overly excited, anyone actually know how many goals he scored in the prem last season?
      Why? because he's not a "big" name?
      He scored 12 EPL goals last year and has 4 this season from limited appearances. Ok not prolific but it's a decent record and he works his nuts off too.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

12 last season, 3 this (though 2 in the last 2).

In response to Austin, why not take a punt on him as well ? Scored 36 in the championship in 69 games when Graham has 38 in 91 games and Graham is a proven Premier league goalscorer !

At least if we went down we'd have 2 top Championship goalscorers in our squad !

Comment

See I don't see the hype about Danny Graham. Think we need a lot better than him to stay in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
            See I don't see the hype about Danny Graham. Think we need a lot better than him to stay in this division.

Get the feeling we are preparing for a life in the Champ, even though we're not really saying it publically.. Still like Danny G. as he'd be excellent in the Championship and still got a lot of development left at 27.
            Last edited by erikmata; 04-01-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              12 last season, 3 this (though 2 in the last 2).

In response to Austin, why not take a punt on him as well ? Scored 36 in the championship in 69 games when Graham has 38 in 91 games and Graham is a proven Premier league goalscorer !

At least if we went down we'd have 2 top Championship goalscorers in our squad !
              Because a "punt" on him would cost millions. Any club with ambition to get out of the Championship will not sell a goal machine to a prem club unless the price is massive, ie over the odds, because they'd pretty much be giving up on promotion and the prem cash cow gravy train thereafter.. Blimey how much did Rhodes go for to Blackburn... £8m, laughable in the scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                I wish people would stop going on about Austin. All he's done is score goals in the Championship. nothing more..... he may fail bitime in the top flight and yet we'd have to pay an insanely over inflated price to find out.

Graham was top scorer in the Championship also, but has since proved he can cut it in the top flight. Mjuch better option and one i'd be happy with. Not sure i can see Swans letting him leave, unless Laudrup has another unknown gem from Spain he could replace with.... Quite possible.
                To be fair Del people said the same about Jelavic & that the SPL is not even a good a standard as the Championship & he didn't turn out to bad. I said the same about Rickie Lambert years ago, he's done ok. Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge on these kind of players.

Comment

Has he still go his house near Harlington?

Comment

fair point but we'll have to spend to get a goalscorer anyway

maybe get Graham on the cheap then go in for Wellbeck on loan...!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      To be fair Del people said the same about Jelavic & that the SPL is not even a good a standard as the Championship & he didn't turn out to bad. I said the same about Rickie Lambert years ago, he's done ok. Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge on these kind of players.
                      Not everyone mate. People always mock the SPL, for right reason, but it doesn't mean all players in it are poor. I'd seen enough of Jelavic to say he clearly looked a class and composed finisher, and he was playing international football for a good side. Austin, does look good at that level and probably would do well, but in our position we can't be taking any chances imo and he'd be a very expensive flop it he failed, not only cost to buy him, but the fact it would stop us getting a more proven prem scorer.

Comment

Would have DJ over Graham any day

Look at there goal scoring record in the Prem then make up your mind

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                          Didn't Flav and co pull the rug on the deal at the last minute? (allegedly of course ;) )
                          think that was Craig Mackail-Smith wasn't it? I recall Barry Fry going off on one on Talksport. Maybe same happened with Graham too

Comment

Yea fair points Del.

Agree no time for gambles although I have faith in that kid. Hell what do we know, Harry will put us right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                              Would have DJ over Graham any day

Look at there goal scoring record in the Prem then make up your mind
                              Playing 4-5-1 I'd rather graham up front

Comment

id be happy with danny graham. would much rather him than some old bloke on 80k per week who wouldnt give his all. also like someone else mentioned, we have to be realistic... we might be going down this year and he would be great in the championship

Comment

Working...
                                X